When I docked at Wright's in Oswego at the end of my day yesterday I was met by a nice young fella from the DEC doing a survey. I answered all his questions and he gave me a copy of the survey for April '07 & I found it interesting enough to post it for you guys. Enjoy

DECSurveyApril07.jpg

Very imformative. thanks musky bob. The 85-96 years is the numbers avg yearly or is it total for those years. If it's the avg a lot more people used to fish and catch more fish on the big O. I never fish back then got into lake ontario fishing in late 90s.

Pat

Yeah that was me at Wrights Landing. Don't worry Empty Hook, I didn't give away any of the super secret spoons that we used, haha. I'm gonna blame it on the fish and not the lures we were using. InTheBox, the 12 year data is an average, the numbers are so much higher because the fishing effort was a lot higher for those years. This past April's harvest was double any other year even though the effort was less which means LOTS of fish and really good fishing conditions for the month. The May report will be out very soon.

musky i saw the line (nice young fella) sliped out ehh .he probly never saw a fishing boat transformed to a fasion statment with curtians,,,,,,,,,im shur he was surprised when he pulled the curtians back and saw a fishing pole,,,,,,,,,,, S S watch out for this guy hey thanks for the update on reports ,,,beleve it or not this board is another reason so many fish were caught with the cold spring it acted like a AA meeting for cabin fever fisherman it got soo bad several of us were fishing in the kids fishtanks,i even resorted to jugging for browns in the toilet ,fishing stunk that day...as soon as the snow melted we flocked to the nearest lake and threw our rods in the water ,,,,,,well at least one charter captian did..the rest of us threw our lines in...

Ray, I'm sure he'll vouch there were no curtains hanging in the boat. I'm still trying to decide between mauve & chardonnay :P I laughed like heck at "at least one charter captain did" That's a riot. And you're right, I couldn't have made it through the winter if it wasn't for this board. A lot of good info to absorb and try to remember to put to use.