WD40?

I read a post here last year where it was reported that if you sray WD40 on your line before you send it back (on your spool) it eliminates or at least reduces the flea buil-up.

Anyone trying this ?

Shade

Heard someone discussing something about it on the VHF the other day......I'm wondering :thinking:....I think that if anything is going to reduce the flea buildup ....it would have to be something like fly line cleaner and silicone treatment. Wipe it on with an applicator pad as you pay out your down section of line..HEY :wait: , I'm gonna try it next time out, seems like it would last longer than WD40....what the heck...can't make it worse :happy2:

Mark

Larry,

I do not know if it was a thread on WD40 or Fleas or even fish attractants. I just remember some discussion that someone uses it and it was said it was used as an attractant some years ago. No big deal just asking if anyone tried it this year.

Shade

Skipper - I don't know. I'm not one of those guys that stands in the stream whipping his fly so I have no experience with it. I've tried vegetable oil & baby oil but they don't last all that long.

Shade - Haven't tried it yet this year, but last year, & the year before & the year before that & the year before that, it worked pretty well. What I do is spray a little on my finger & thumb then spool fresh line. Then out in the boat, every once in a while give the spool a quick shot.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Well the flyline cleaner and silicone treatment makes the fly line slide through the guides a lot easier and affords a longer cast with it. It has the slick properties that might make the little "bass terds" loose their grip on the 30 lb mono. I'll see if I can get some and give it a try on one of my rigger rods and see the difference if any from the untreated ones....Saturday I'll be out and give a report on it.

Mark

I once met a guy on the genney fishing the fall run that would spray wd-40 on a sponge and use it for bait he claimed it worked wonders and that he got a ton of bites I than watched him snag 3 straight fish and say to me see I told ya so. I had to walk away shaking my head and laughing