We got out for a few hours yesterday before we got to work on putting the new Cannons on the boat. We set up out in 200FOW looking for Kings and started our troll out deeper hoping to find a temperature break. We trolled all the way out to 500FOW and didn't see much on the screen that was exciting us. So we picked up and ran back in to 250FOW. Once we got set back up we started to see some occasional nice hooks down 50-60' or so along with some smaller hooks up higher. We immediately hooked up with a steelie that came on a flatline pulling a J-9 Rapala GFR. After that we had a BIG rip on the wire rig set out 150', but I wasnt able to land the fish. It was nice to have a major on, even if we ended up losing it! That fish hit a Siggs Rigs Die Hard/Habanero flasher/fly combo. Its only a matter of a few more weeks and it'll be full-on King season in Fair Haven, and I can't wait!!!

After that we managed another smaller king on a Northern King Habanero spoon fished off a rigger down 25' and my wife landed a nice brown that came off of a 2 color core pulling a Dreamweaver Coyote Ugly spoon. My wife used to fish with me a lot more often, but since the kids came she hasn't been out with us all that much, so it was was nice to see her fighting a fish again. Now that the kids are getting a bit older and we can bring them out with us, I'm hoping she joins us more often.

June22007005.jpg

I'll be traveling for business the next couple of weeks. Good luck to those of you who get out.

Thanks Erin. I went with the new Mag 10 High Speeds. Those suckers are FAST!!!!

And Muskybob, yeah I have to watch myself when she's on board. I wasn't too happy I dumped that King!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I wasn't too happy I dumped that King!!

S*** happens, I still can't figure out how I lost a major on Friday. 5 minutes he was there, a second later he was gone. Rod (Power Pro dipsey) was bowed almost in half the whole time, no slack. :$

I wasn't too happy I dumped that King!!

S*** happens, I still can't figure out how I lost a major on Friday. 5 minutes he was there, a second later he was gone. Rod (Power Pro dipsey) was bowed almost in half the whole time, no slack. :$

S*** happens I guess!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Bill... i totally forgot about this site... im glad i found it... my dad will be up there next weekend... he will probably be there for a month or two... you can call him on the radio... Playstation... im sure he will appreciate any help you can give him... the new boat is incredible... im so jealous... i wont be up there at least til the end of the summer... i have to go in for some surgery... but i will keep an eye on what you are doin... thanx for all the helpful info... keep it reel...