Slide diver

Anyone using these on a wire line set up?

I wasn't sure how the diver would do sliding down the wire, if it would get damaged or if the wire would get damaged??? anyone try it?

Concept seems good but without wire I'm not sure you could get deep enough for the August kings.

Thanks,

Spike

I've done it with the slide diver lite bites and didn't have any issues, those have stainless sleeves instead of brass so they won't get chewed up from the wire. A better option is to add a #8 spro power swivel (50 lb test) to the end of the wire (they are small enough to pass through the guides and level wind) and put 20 or so feet of 20 or 30 lb mono/fluoro on the other end of the swivel and run the slide diver on that. This gives you the stealth of the slide diver with the depth possibilities of the wire.

use the standard wire line knot to attach the wire to the swivel

http://www.lotsa.org/Wire%20Line%20Knot.htm

Hope that makes sense to you.

Tim

I use the SD lite bite on wire the same way Tim is talking about. I like it so well that I don't use regular dipsies any more. One thing I do different is to use a regular Mag dipsy bottom and mate it it to the large SD top. Then I use the SD mag size ring and you have a SD w/ the same exact depth curve (and numbers) as a Mag dipsy. Best part is you can reel right up to within 2' of the flasher, no more trying to net a fish that's 7'+ away from the rod tip!.

I run my wire slide divers with the heavy weight option and a ring. I put a short section of 50lb power pro to the wire and then double uni knot 30 ft of 30lb big game. I like the diver to slide on the mono. With the SD's I always use a short leader to keep the diver off the fish. I feel the SD's give me more options than a LJ dipsey.

I run my wire slide divers with the heavy weight option and a ring. I put a short section of 50lb power pro to the wire and then double uni knot 30 ft of 30lb big game. I like the diver to slide on the mono. With the SD's I always use a short leader to keep the diver off the fish. I feel the SD's give me more options than a LJ dipsey.

Yeah, I run a 2' leader after the bead as well.