Informations about saltwater fishing

Sorry guys if I post wrong place but I wanted to post this information but I thought this place might right forum.

Informations about saltwater fishing, if you guys want to come up some place to catch saltwater fishes in MASS.

I been fishing saltwater since June. Here the information that I can provide the hotspot at right now. Those place that I been attend and actually caught them..

Striper Bass are in Chatham, MA. bunches of upper 20's pounders.. cannot wait for commercial striper season opener next Tuesday.. :talk:

Fluke are in between Bass River, MA to Martha vineyard. If you found right spot, you will reel them all day.. I caught couple range 3-5pounds fluke around this place..

Black Sea Bass are same spot as Fluke are at right now.. my captain and I took people who charter our boat, for targeting them, alot of them around 5 pounders. Cannot believe how big they are than couple years ago..

Scup are in Onset, MA. or you can say, Buzzard Bay. They are monster size right now.. I caught tons of them, but 13 scups that over 2 pounds size.

Winter Flounder are in Green Harbor, MA. Many of them was bigger than regular legal size. cannot believe how booming they are growing than it was couple years ago..

Bluefin tuna are everywhere.. But use your common sense at where they can be possible at.. But I went crab ledge, there was monster giant tuna at everywhere hitting the bluefish that are 2 feet long.. cannot believe what I been saw them hitting like that.. it was amazing sights.. but hopefully will target them sometime soon.. ;):yes::yes:

Also, I wanted to let you guys to know that alot of whales been in around 5-7 miles offshore right now..

have great weekend come up! full it up your belly with tons of :beer: before going out fishing.. ;):rofl:

Waa tried ti get the wife to make reservations for cape cod in june ,july.............but we did august...well be at "Sweetwater" resort late august ssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if ya got some thing bigger than a flatback canoe and ya wanna take out a landbased fisherman send me a pm ..........dont know sign language (well a couple universal ones) ...but can communicate real well when it comes to the universal language of FISHING.......

Ray K.....

hows the stripper fishing up ther in mid to late august? I may go up then for stripper fishing on the western side of marblehead (salem harbor)

If you really want "strippers", I can find you some spots there :D , if you want "stripers" , the fish will be everywhere, staging for the start of the migration. I fish Mass and Rhode Island a lot, and make custom wood plugs for stripers and bluefish. 10lb+ Bluefish from your yak, will keep a smile a mile wide. Good luck, I need to get out in my yak more around here, and stop obsessing about those salt water fishes !! I have lots of pics if you want some inspiration, or if you are going to fish any plugs, I may be able to help,.... ;) - John

Fish Junkie- Thanks.. yeah, you should be on water sometime soon..

jkarol24- I never fish out there for several years.. But it is really nice place to go fishing.. Striper bass action will be amazing around august.. You are in the luck..

ray koziatek- HAHA.. August is one of best month for striper bass fishing around here.. I wish i had boat for myself. If i had a boat, i'll welcome you to come fishing with me. (Communication is not problem, we can work it out somehow) :D But Im working as commercial fishing.. so i'm pretty working with several captains in different locations to pay off the college tuitions.. its arent fun but at least, im on the water to earn the money.. it cant beat that instead work at land.. :)

needs salt- Yeah, I loved to fishing them.. If you want to see my old pictures, you can look up at picture forum in there. also, thank for the offer on plugs.. but I know how to made them but not like professional made.. but it still work well.. plus on jigs too.. I had to learn tool of trade on fishing so i can save few bucks instead buy from stores.. :yes:

Not sure about the "town beach sticker" situation there now, but South Cape Beach, and Poppenessett are probably the easiest in and out. First light, and dusk for Bluefish usually, and night time for bass if you can find some structure (rocks/jetty). Hopkins, pencils, poppers, bombers around structure. Not sure about you equipment, and schedule, but there are some nice tides at "The Canal" it looks like. Good luck,... I'll keep my eye on the thread.

thanks. I'm just down shore from poppy and it looks pretty fishy from the map...just a long walk out from the road to the point. I will try to make my way out there but will have to make due with the tackle i have...brought the old med duty spinning reel and just a few spoons and rapalas. don't wan't to ruin my good gear with salt and sand.

probably scope it out during the day and try it tomorrow eve. :yes: thanks

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

NitroMusky - I checked map on google, you are in right spot to fishing for bluefish and stripers. also, if you really want to catch stripers, go to under abodonment train station at cape cod canal and fishing right there. You don't need pay park fee or anything like that.. i highly recommend you to use slug-go or those 5 or 6in swimbait.. very effective.. I went there monday night, i caught 50 plus stripers in 4 hours during night time.. dont fishing there during day because fish will be gone.. not worth your time to attempt it.. It is my favorite honey hole for shore fishing.. if you found the tide current just right time. then you will be in luck to see the school of stripers drifting around..

also, follow what (needs salt) comment because he explained everything down to details. for on shore fishing..

GOOD LUCK>>

LOOK FORWARD on your report..

Thanks for the report. My brother lives on Toby Island off Monument Beach and I get down there a couple times a year. We caught some nice keeper strippers this spring and I hope to return again this summer and fall. We always have a great time and he has a beautiful home with a great view of Mashnee flats and just a short run to the canal. Your report makes me want to make the trip but I have a rough time leaving the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario near where I live.

• 2 weeks later...

im getting excited, fishing for striper aug 26th- 31st with a friend of my aunt in marblehead, Mass. I hope you guys are right about the striper fishin, i realy would love to hook into a couple big ones. Any hints or tips about how to catch em? i was thinkin topwater, looking for rolling stripers and blues, any other suggestions? Also, is a low-profile bass baitcaster too small of a reel? i have about 150 yards of 15 lb. braid on it

In August it is a bit hard to get Stripers in Cape Cod Bay.It's just plain to warm for them and they follow the bait a bit farther north,although Billings Gate and Race Point off P-Town still harbor 30 and 40 pounders.Blue fish,5 to 15 pounders, on the other hand,specially on the Race are so thick and so greedy that you will get tired of catching them.One of the wildest things you can witness there is a Giant Bluefin coming out of the water 20 feet away from your boat just to cross over the shallows between the inner and the outer race.Never mind the the seals tagging along with your boat ready to steal any fish you get on your lines.

In September,when they start migrating south is when the stripers are very greedy often pushing a school of pogies(bunker) on to the beach and blitzing so heavily that the water seems to be boiling,all of this within casting distance from the beach.