July 8 Barcelona

Shorthanded

Late getting on the lake. Bait and fish all along the drop out front. 30-50ft down over 70-90ft best. Cranked up a limit off boards, with one fish just under 9 lbs.

Jack

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Thanks. It was a slow pick and had to change from harnesses to get them to go. There was a ton of bait available, so the fish are well fed.

Back out tomorrow am.

Jack

Jack unfortunately I am working at the FD till 730am then I have a bunch of things around the house to complete before monday... Getting prepared for Pro/Am in Sodus this weekend...... Does that bring back any memories/nighmares........Remember the Copper rig getting spliced with Steves leadcore and winding up in a wad in the cuddy........ Dale

Oh, yah, I remember...what a mess!

Good to see you are still fishing the pro-am's ...great fun. Who are you fishing with this year?

As far as Erie goes we will try for another time...the fishing (and eating) is awesome.

We were out their friday also 22 ftr with homemade grey camper top (sylvane) ...only did 2 first thing then slid east a bit and doubled up before the wind kicked upo a tad ...I noticed the 1000,s of dead smelt floating everywhere also ,no wonder even the big walleye ar so tasty this year...gotta be another heard comming from the west (I hope)..well the good news is the smelt might keep em around a tad longer this year the bad is there full !! we drug worms the whole time im pretty new to the walleye scene so im still a worm dragger (not that theirs anything wrong with that)....looks like the derby boys are educating a lot of fish this weekend hmmmmm wonder if i could tie my canoe to the side of one of their boats.........................the side their culling on :lol:

Jack I'm fishing with Tim from(Finders Keepers) and Chris (Coup) from the board for Sodus, and we will probably do a few more next year..... Jack these guys remind me of how r Team gelled together for our Pro/Ams..... Really a great bunch of guys to fish with... We will be fishing out of Coups Penn Yan.... Stop down to Sodus next weekend and I will buy you a beer...... I will be fishing everyday this week except wednesday gotta work..... Dale

We were out their friday also 22 ftr with homemade grey camper top (sylvane) ...only did 2 first thing then slid east a bit and doubled up before the wind kicked upo a tad ...I noticed the 1000,s of dead smelt floating everywhere also ,no wonder even the big walleye ar so tasty this year...gotta be another heard comming from the west (I hope)..well the good news is the smelt might keep em around a tad longer this year the bad is there full !! we drug worms the whole time im pretty new to the walleye scene so im still a worm dragger (not that theirs anything wrong with that)....looks like the derby boys are educating a lot of fish this weekend hmmmmm wonder if i could tie my canoe to the side of one of their boats.........................the side their culling on :lol:

I think i have seen your rig Ray, i fish out of a 22ft center console with light green hull and white hard-top. Did not see the dead smelt, but now i know why they weren't there in the same numbers on sunday. Anyway beautiful day on the water. And yeah, i think the 'tourney guys' educated them a "lil" bit :)

We have a world class fisheries in LE and LO - need to take advantage while we can.

I should be out barcelona or dunkirk again next sat & sun - give me a shout on "68" if you are there.

Jack (ShortHanded)

Jack I'm fishing with Tim from(Finders Keepers) and Chris (Coup) from the board for Sodus, and we will probably do a few more next year..... Jack these guys remind me of how r Team gelled together for our Pro/Ams..... Really a great bunch of guys to fish with... We will be fishing out of Coups Penn Yan.... Stop down to Sodus next weekend and I will buy you a beer...... I will be fishing everyday this week except wednesday gotta work..... Dale

Dale, cool...kick some "a" dude ... and yes, i might see you for that drink - bad weather permitting :)

Jack