Canandaigua Lake report 7/10/10

The lake seems to be really set up now, first off, very minimal fleas which was surprising yet welcome. Huntin trout and fireplug met me today and we were setting lines by 5:15 am just north of the drop off in south end. We worked the deeper water 135-180 on the east side picking up a good rainbow right off the bat on a stinger spoon 30' back and 70' down.

The probe told us the water was a balmy 71 all the way down to 35'. Riggers were set with small spoons in glow frog, orange, and copper monkey puke. The frog fired early too, but after the morning light increased I switched to more flashers on the riggers too. The wire rods were out along with 300' copper. The copper was silent today but the wires were hot. Best set up was the 8" Pro Troll e chip white crush glow/silver with a No See Um fly on a 2 setting out 211', the white black dot spin dr with a no see um fly took a couple shots out 234'. Also had an white 11" flasher glow squid combo fire on the 52' rigger with 6 lb lake trout. A glow double glow crush spin dr and a hammer fly took a rigger hit down 45' too. The down temp settled in a little further north past whiskey point to the valley. The probe was running in the 56-58 temps with the riggers running from 40, 45, 52, 65, 70. One slider took a bow at about 20' down jumping right out of the water, the other bows were on the 40' rigger. The fish count was 11 for 12 with 3 rainbows and 8 lakers. We fished the west side and the east with a couple fish coming on east/ west trolls, and it seemed to me the best troll was south. Still having low rpm issues at WOT so we stayed south which worked for us today since the fish were cooperating from cooks point to hawks point on the west and whiskey point to white rock on the east.

101_1065.jpg

101_1066.jpg

101_1067.jpg

101_1071.jpg

101_1072.jpg

Mike, Great report and nice fish!! Worked the north end solo this morning down to Meneth Pt..63' seemed to be the hot rigger. Suttons/needlefish and a purple/black jointed challenger. Caught fish from 40'-80' 5:30-10:00 5 lakers and one little bow (dropped 2 other lakers). 7-8lb laker 80' down off the tip of Meneth was the top fish of the day...few flees...Nice suprise was right!!

Chuck

hi dale, boat still running crappy, marina is backed up with repairs hopefully they can figure it out over the next week and a half. Talked to guy at the dock who's having carb issues tonight, he's got a 305 in a sea ray with holley carb and I have a 350 in a sea ray with a rochester quadrajet.