Release preferences?

What does everyone prefer to use for their cannonball releases these days? I've typically used the Cannon Quick Release, but I had issues with (4) of them this past weekend - all of them either broke where the leader connects to the release or the cable got all twisted beyond repair. I know the currents were bad over the weekend, as I got all sorts of tangles. I've always had good luck with the Cannons, but having them break and/or tangle has me looking at other options. Suggestions?

don't know if it works or not but a guy tld me at least for lakers hang a 6' peice of dog chain off the bottom of the ball and tie it off with 20-30-line so it drag on the bottm, you won't loose your ball if it snags just a piece of cheap chain. The brite chain bouncing off the bottom looks like a school of feeding lakers and brings on the bite as so he says.

ted

I have used Blacks releases forever. Just changed over to Scottys and love them. I like the fact that on Scottys it is very easy to see shakers(A ton this year). The rods load up nicely also. On many occasions, with blacks releases, I have dragged shakers around and never knew they were on. Another plus for Scottys...no line twist to set the release....just pop the line in the pads and send it down.....

I use both blacks and scottys on my boat.. I usually brake out the blacks when i start fishing for kings.. but if i wasnt such a cheap skate and didnt already own a bunch of releases already i would buy chamberlands, they have the tension consistency of a blacks but the two stage release allows you to load up a rod real heavy yet they still trip with a shaker.

Blacks for Me!!!!! Off shore for my fixed sliders and Stackers , just because I have a bunch from the pre-black days. You can fix a broken stacker cable with a piece of rigger cable and a couple of crimp sleeves.

Blacks here with braid on rigger lines albrighted to about 30' flouro at the business end. The braid's sensitivity lets you see a small shaker and the black release won't trip when the rod is cranked down, so long as you set the tension properly. When fleas are bad sometimes I have to revert to mono.