Erie Lakers

Mr.Wooleye

Hey Guys,

We really really have great fishery out there guys.

Was out this weekend between Dinkirk and Barcelona in about 140 ft.

Landed 5 Lakers and several walleye.

All the lakers were healthy big fish. Well fed too (judging by the smelt they spit up in my boat)

Walleye fishing continues to be good. Thanks Ray and "times two" for the tips on the chatter sticks. Green ones went very well. Actually ran 2 of the dipseys...

Here are a couple from the last couple of weeks:

mPFsA.jpg

694Ar.jpg

Nice catching...

I was a little west of brocton on sunday and could not believe the numbers of fish i marked on bottom in ~90 fow - i assumed these stacked bottom huggers were lakers, but i was picking at suspended walleye at the time so i never took a stab at them - maybe next time.

Also, I didn't relaize the nys record laker (40+#) was taken from lake erie - nice fish!

Jack

We have an awesome laker fishery...but honestly, I try not to target it. If we get a few

along the way, fine..... but I remember back in the 1980's as part of the then

active Lake Erie Salmon and Trout Association....we supported the 1 fish limit to improve

the fishery, and I hate to target them knowing we can land 20+ fish on a good day, but

likely have great mortality.

lineman,

they are tough to find on the internet but if you google i believe bill hooks in dunkirk they have them and if you are not close they will ship.

great stick bait!

also they are on ebay but kind of expensive when factoring in the shipping. Maybe the guy would combine shipping and it would be cheaper

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=chatte ... 86.c0.m359

FWIW...last weekend Red and Green worked for me..mostly 3" size, but 5" took a few and larger eyes.

Call Gerry at Bill Hooks she had a good assortment of both sizes.

Jack

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Salmonite, thanks for the info. I looked on ebay & they look the same as the renoski baits I picked up last year in dunkirk at chadwicks. thanks again.

Actually very different, No lip on them like renoski's but what they call a chatterblaid on the front that vibrates when you troll em