Question about bass fishermen

I launched both Saturday and Sunday for the Red Cross (flea and weed) Derby from Dean's Cove. On both days there were bass tournaments launching with numerous boats present.

On Saturday there were 15 to 20 bass boats floating in the launch area (within 100 ft of the launch) blocking the path of anyone else trying to gain lake access. These boats were inside the tiny "bay" area and moving haphazardly. Meanwhile I was trying to launch my 21footer while another troller was trying to launch his 24 footer. I had no room to back up or manuver- so I ended up turning my boat around by hand at the dock so that I could proceed. I don't think the 24 footer left until after bass tourny started.

Sunday morning I launched a little later-most of the bass boats were out by the buoy, but one boat was parked BROADSIDE- 10 feet from the end of the launch. I asked him what he was doing- he said "I'm going fishing". I asked him to please move- he said he would when he was ready.

Why do bass fishermen do this? (I'm looking into mounting torpedo launchers on my boat).

I think the best way to go forward here is to outlaw tournaments, all tournaments, on Public waters. The precept ( outsmarting a GD fish ) is laughable and at least childish.

If that cannot be DEC policy, then it should allowed for all seniors, however defined, to get out a double -barreled flare gun and indicate 3 minutes for the first blast. I think Clint Eastwood made a similar point in a recent film. I do wish he had lived, though, to go fishing again with gentleman. or a couple of kids.

Ya, I know, the few bad apples....yada , yada ...maybe you don't really need a double. See you Monday through Friday. I gave up the weekends at the launch sometime ago even though I continue to pay for them...........appalling where we are at the moment ( ? )

Sounds like lots of Horsepower and Good Ol Boy Testosterone in one place. You sure there wasn't a Tractor Pull at Dean's this weekend. ;)

Best thing you can do is bite your lip and be considerate...Bass tournaments bring $$$ to the local economy, our Chamber of Commerce encourages them.

Greg

Second Chance,the problem is that these bass fishermen have $50,000 boat payments they cannot afford tied up into a useless floating dock with 200 hp, and most trout fishermen catch bigger bass by accident on the riggers than they do their whole fishing career :D:D That being said, there are however a few decent bass fishermen

Face it there BASSHOLES!Doesnt matter what lake you go to you run into them.We were on Canadaguia on Sat. and they were there at 530 drinking coffe jammin up launch.The week before they were at Hemlock jamming launch and drinking coffee.Then they run from one of the lake to the other.Must cast 2 times and then run to the other.God forbid they slow down or atleast go aroud ya.More money than brains for sure.FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were on Conesus about two weeks ago. After their gig was over, they stayed in the parking lot blocking traffic. Boats were backed up onto east river road and no one from the ramp guard shack made any attempt to move them along. It was amussing to see them with their team shirts on, talking and not having a care in the world that they caused a 45 minute backup because they had no respect for others.

Basshole sounds about right.

I think we should all take a day off when there is a basshole tourney on any given lake, leave the trout alone and just go run up and down the lake within 15 feet of these idiots. Maybe even better, pull up next to them and anchor for a swim. I'm all for "to each his own" but after a while you lose respect for these clowns. Last year I had a flat-top go by me in the morning fog at 60+mph close enough that he took an otter board with him so I totally understand were you fellows are coming from. There's alot of water out there and with just a little commen curdisy this post could be avoided all together. Just my rant I've been keeping in for a year now. Mark

i asked one of those bass guys at deans if they had any luck? the guy looked at me like i was speaking chinese, then totaly ignored me. i know a few decent bass guys, but its easy to see why they have a bad rep.