Oswego Marina--ProAm--Sunday

I just heard from a reliable source that someone, at the conclusion of yesterday's ProAm, dumped their entire cooler of fish into the water in the Oswego Marina basin. This morning the dead fish were floating and rotting in the marina. I'm sure someone witnessed this dispicable act of wanton waste. If ANYONE witnessed the dumping of fish into the Oswego marina basin yesterday please contact me privately so that those responsible may be dealt with in the proper manner by the Tournament Series Committee (and the DEC).

I have had several sources come forth already with information but we need someone with an actual visual confirmation to be able to do anything about it. This kind of dispicable behavior gives a black eye to the Tournament Series, to tournaments in general and to ALL fishermen.

Please contact me privately by PM here or email at [email protected]

Thanks,

Paul Czarnecki

Unreal, wish they would of contacted me

I had to ask at least 10 teams if I could have their fish

Out of 10 teams I had only 3 give me theirs, (for friends I had hoping for fillets) and this was after others took what they wanted from each catch. There were ample anglers around if the parties who wasted theirs were to take 5 minutes and ask around.

In the future if you see me around please ask me as I know of 4 to 5 different families who would be willing to keep fish vs. the opposite

This is only while at Oswego, as I do not want to have to ice them at different events.

It's a shame

Tom

Hate to say it, but it happens every year at Sodus. Not always the whole fish, many times just the guts. But I remember a few years ago when the event was held over by the tackle shop and boat after boat came in with their limits. People piled their fish up at the cleaning station we had there and left. There had to be 50+ fish piled up. My slip was only about 50ft from the cleaning station. A few of us that docked there cut up the fish we could take, then bagged the rest of them and tossed them in the dumpster... man did that thing stink the next couple of days.

I think this issue is probably much larger at Oswego and Sodus when boats come in with 9 big fish. Maybe the committee could work something out with a local food bank and people could "donate" their fish?

Nick

I couldn't agree more with you bob. Everbody is looking to unload the cooler at the end of the day..Maybe they should start advertising fish in a small paper or at marina's and tackle shops. This type of action should get this group expelled from all pro ams if they are found. Its a waste of good fish and makes the fishing comunnity look bad..

What a shame... btw what are they putting in the water on the east end of the lake .......Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

First they beat some old timer half to death over a fishing spot on the salmon river

second.. they are being robbed left and right for three weeks straight

and now dumping fish rite out of the cooler into the marina waters..

Thats weird for sure...sorry for all your problems oswego..

Chris

When I think of fishing recently it has come upon me, fishing is actually only sampling of/from the bio-system.

Sometimes its harder to get a decent sample than others and tactics/techniques location/depth can change to afford a sample of what's out there for offering.

We all should respect the samples we take as best possible.

We did have that problem at Sodus Point last year. We are sure who it was from info received from witnesses, but it was too late to do much about it.

I can assure you it won't be too late this year. Cameras, spotters, etc.

Please act professional and respect the towns that allow us to have such great tournements.

Wayne Co. Pro-Am committee

These fish are good for other things too. Cook them for your cat or dog. The stuff freezes just fine. Put it in the freezer until trapping season, feed those garbage can destroying bears or feed the coyotes. Birds & squirrels eat them too. Throw them in the garden.

KE8ai.jpg

Best responce IMHO is contacting local food banks and other sourses often times you have to drain and de ice the fishes then theyr'e yours to do whatever something along the lines of donating to locals who want them. i believe it's against dec laws to cast fish carcusses closer than 150 ft from shore??