Hot Lure: green silver spinny/glow hammer fly

Trolling Speed: 2.1-2.8

Down Speed: 1.9-2.6

Boat Depth: 200ft

Lure Depth: 100-80 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I had a couple hours to kill sunday morning and ended up with a nice football brown. I heard a lot of people on the radio catching browns but not much about kings. Has anyone been having luck with kings. I haven't caught one yet but I have not spent much time fishing for them yet either. I plan to really focus on them the next several weeks.

3IOPS.jpg

My dad with the 6lb brown.

Im not a pro by any means but i have not caught any kings yet this year either. Have had some nice browns and steelhead but yet to have that large king. Have tried several times but no luck. Hope that changes soon as i hope to put a few hours in after work this week. Ill post my sucess or lack of. Thanks for post

Fished out of sandy pond today went 3 for 6 with one king going 27lbs. There is still a ton off warm water in the bay most fish coming 180 down over 400. All fish hit spoons DWB and 42nd with a SD/ and fly stacked 10 foot above. I hope that helped not a ton of marks but their there.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We didn't fish this week-end but did pretty well last week-end. We are heading up on Wednesday fishing until Sunday morning. We will be fishing exclusively for Kings, last week-end the cold water was at least 150' down. I'll post when we get back.

Burt

Burt, on sunday 100ft down was 45-46 deg. I think the temp ranges changed with this weekends wind. 90ft down was still pretty cool at 48 deg. Almost all the boats were in 150 to 250 fow. I plan to be out thursday and saturday again to try and find those kings.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

well my buddies and i have been going out for them the last few weeks and are by now means good...to be honest were a mess :lol: we dont have a depth finder cause my **** the bed on me and have been running 3 riggers with flashers adn flies and free slider spoons.....we caught our first kings the first week of july outa oswego we got a bunch of skippys and a couple nice teens and 3 nice majors and a few cohos and steelies mixed in...they have all been deep 140-150 ft down idk how deep we were fishing we jsut go find other boats and jump in the mix......but if our mess of an fishing excuse can catch them :lol: you guys will jsut keep at it :beer: white on white spin doc and atomic has been good for us along with chrome on chrome. good luck

Burt, I tried to get a hold of you today (thursday 7-15) on channel 68 a few times but I was unsure if you were out. We did ok today it took us a long time today to figure out where the fish were but eventually we found them in the 120-180 fow zone down 80-120 fow. We never got a single hit till we got in those depths around 10am. We went 2 for 4 with one small king and a nice lake trout. Both fish were caught on chicken wing spin doctor with a-tom-mik goby alive fly. We tried all color combos with flasher flies and spoons and gold was the only thing with any action. I will be out on saturday to try again.

fshnwmn,

I highly recommend taking your boat to Hank (L&M) he is a moderator on this site and I just had some work done by him and he is very good. I don't think I could take my boat to anyone else but him now. You can reach him at 315-558-4178. He is located in Port Bay by Wolcott, NY. I think everyone on here would tell you the same thing as well.