Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament October 2nd

Next Chautauqua Cash Tourney will be Oct. 2nd,2010.We will change the format a little.The Tourney will be $40 per Fishermen.(Full Field 100 Fishermen,Notice: Tourney Field will be allowed to go behond 100,but prize structure will stay as set at 100),1st Place $1000,2nd Place $600,3rd Place $500,4th Place $400,with the remaining $1500(and Entry Fees Behond 100) going to the Bait Fish Fund! This will be based on the 4 Longest Muskies caught & released,each fishermen can only enter 1 fish,their Longest!Photo must be taken with Tourney Puck visable in picture for Entry to count toward prizes.Tourney Puck will be mailed to you 10 days before the Tourney.Witness of your release form can be by anyone else in the Tourney.Release Forms must be turned in by 6:00 pm to count for the Prizes,bring them to Mayville Town Park.Tourney fishing hours at Midnight Friday to 5:00 pm Oct. 2nd! Food will be cooked on the spot!Hot Dogs,Hamburgers & Chili starting at 6:00 pm.We will only have a 50/50 Raffle.We will use Mayville Town Park for the Awards Presentation,we will use the green shelter and bring a grill.You may launch from anywhere on the lake,other launches are Prendergast,Bemus Point & Celeron!

Now that the hatchery lost most of the musky fry at the hatchery this year,next year we will be working on Netting over at least one outside pond,along with the Bait Fish purchase.We will need to spend the same $6000.00 dollars we have on Bait Fish,but will also need near $4500.00 more to cover the cost of the Netting and labor costs to put it up.Donations to the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund are much appreciated as well!Make checks out to Mostly Muskies and mail to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223.

You may also submit payment online via PayPal by clicking on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=mostlymuskies%40verizon%2enet&lc=US&item_name=Chautauqua%20Musky%20Tournament%20%2d%20Entry%20Fee%20%28One%20Time%20Payment%29&amount=40%2e00&currency_code=USD&button_subtype=products&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF%3abtn_buynowCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest

***NOTICE: AWARDS PRESENTATION IS 7:00 PM AT MAYVILLE TOWN PARK & LAUNCH***Please Join Us For The Awards,Raffles at 7:00 pm and Food Served 5:00 pm till 7:30 pm!

Capt.Larry 716-432-0198

I'm in +1 :yes: its been on my calendar since the moment you announced it at the last one! payment coming

what up with the fry loss??? that sucks. is that a new development? I heard you say there was an issue with birds at the tourney but it didn't sound like the young of the year was a total loss. what's changed thats causing this now but not past years?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Nitro,

I copied this from Capt. Larrys web site:

The NY DEC in Albany,NY made a change in the type of food pellets to start the musky fry on to save money.By the time the hatchery personel found out they were not eating the new pellets and they got the old style pellets to the hatchery they lost most of the musky fry.Water temp had nothing to do with the die off.The NY DEC is trying to find another state that may have extra musky fry to trade for other fish spieces fry.

can toothy knock it back a week? i want to do both just like last year even though waneta was not kind to me. i remember the clicker going off at waneta and me thinking i had the winner that ended up being a 20lb carp snagged in the tail that put up a heck of a fight. :rofl:

I will not be able to attend this tournament :(

Chad's wedding is on the same day as the tournament. Katie was not too happy with him when he mentioned that we needed 2 substitutes for the wedding so him and I can go fish. Maybe next year!

With the few amounts of musky tournaments in this area, it is sad to see that 2 are competing for the same day. I wonder how the participation rate will be for both. Hopefully the competition does not drastically reduce one of the tournament's turnout thus causing reduced numbers in the future. Here's to hoping it all works out!

--Joe

that was the TEST and she passed... so now I figured I better marry her. Plus she is just over the legal size limit to keep (she only stands 5 feet 1/4 inches tall).

silly unmarried male :lol: (as will slowly be revealed starting in october) valentines day but just one question on women's much longer test...not sure that you got that once correct or not, but you obviously passed :clap:;)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

u guys keep it up and chad will be fishing w/ us in october instead of wearing his penguin suit. being a fisherman if they're not "legal size" don't we just kiss them and throw them back? eventually though we all get one that has to come w/ us and i think chad must have used "a big lure" to get this one. just don't girth this keeper or you may get slapped and then she'll swim away w/ your "lure" and you;ll never see it again. :P

You might have to work it a little more than that Zach. Try quick jerking actions to add a little more wobble and jiggle to entice the more nostalgic ones into striking. Also remember that not all keepers prefer the high speeds (5+ mph) that you are notorious for - I had to slow my presentation wayyyyy down to get my keeper to strike ;) Pink & Champagne flower-scented lures work great in mid-to-late evening and on full moon nights. Get the right conditions and you can work the lures at a faster speed and still achieve the same results......

• 3 weeks later...

Must be everyone here is going to see Chad get the Iron Ball placed on his leg! No one from LOU has signed up for the Vince Bianchi Memorial Musky Tournament to be held on October 2nd at Chautauqua Lake as of today!

Cash payout is now 4 Places as well.

Capt. Larry