Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament October 2nd

lips- you like hook stories? heres one, last week when i was organizing my lures to take out fishing the night before i was hanging up lures in the basement on this big peg board i have on the wall. i put up a bunch and grabbed a lure that had some nasty vmc conecuts on it. as i was hanging it up, little colton come over and gives me a superman hug pushing me off balance and i ended up with a 3/0 almost all the way through my right pinky. the tip of the point was coming right through the tip of my finger w/ it in my finger past the barb. trying not to freak out w/ my 2 yr old there i held the lure trying to decide what to do. i couldn't pull it back out, didn't want to go to the doctors either so i had to pass it all the way through until the barb came through and since this was in my right hand i couldn't cut the hook w/ my left hand so i had to roll the barb over and pull it back through. fun times! amazingly it healed up perfect but i was lucky and didn't have a fish connected to the other hooks. take care. zach

i have a friend who spent friday and saturday at chautauqua and did 6 while losing 3 more. a "pb" 51.5" SLOB, a 47" and some more nice ones. all of these fish were caught on the same color and size lure amazingly. its crazy how picky they can be some times. whats the size and color???????? lol. It's not a firetiger perchbait! it was a 5" niagara river walleye color crankbait.

well, I'm in +1. just paid my fee :yes::clap: cant wait to get out...4 days of muskie muskie muskie next week. heading out thur AM. staying through sunday.

it will be good to get out there again, hard to believe I haven't been fishing muslie more than 3x this year, and only once since june :o works been crazy: little fishing, little posting...little sleep

Zach, you gonna have a couple more of those baits of yours ready before I head down there???

nitro- i was just asking bob about you last week. i haven't seen you since tiger fishing in july. i hope you get more fish in those 4 days than you caught all last year! good to see you back in the swing of things. i will do anything you want. later today i should post some black perch's, niagara river walleyes, white tiger and some foils that people ordered. the foils are looking better each one i do. where are you fishing for those 4 days?

Thanks Zach, Its gonna be chautauqua, all chautauqua! I've got the place next door to to Sol and Gus rented for 3 nights.

I should say that I have been fishing, just not pures... hit conesus and cross a few times. Just not a long enough block of time to make the jaunt to waneta worth it, given the need for family time and chores on the weekend making up lost time for all the travel and long hours on the job.

no tigers yet this season, but the pike have been pretty good to me the past few weeks. :yes:

Brad -

I took off next Wednesday to try my luck down there with my brother and Mike Sperry. My wedding is next Saturday so this trip is for my mental health and to ease the nerves. I will let you know how we do. It will be my brothers first ever muskie trip so I am excited to get him out there. This will only be my 3rd time on the water musky fishing all year.... I'm in the same boat as you with respect to crazy work lately.

Wish me luck :yes:

Chad

Hey Chad

So...sounds to me like code for "bachelor party on the water" eh ?? does mike have room on his boat for the stripper pole or are they going to be floating in another boat next to you...I hear those Planer masts really withstand quite a pounding :rofl::rofl:

Good Luck down there...looking forward to your report! :yes: and best wishes to you and the lucky lady next saturday :beer:

nitro thats funny. lets hope katie never gets on here. i can close my eyes and just imagine that party barge (aka pontoon boat) w/ disco lights shinin', music playin', some women and that shiny brass pole. Hmmmm. the fish would be safe from me... i would not be safe. lol. chad have fun and just think of us all fishin' while you are getting that ball and chain welded onto you leg. just joking best luck. anyone else gonna start fishin' at midnight besides me again???? or do you need your beauty sleep. no amount of sleep is gonna help me so i dont even try anymore.

Hahaha - you guys crack me up! Come next weekend, I will have come to the realization of what it is that I have really been fishing for all along :inlove: Had to throw that in there just incase Kate DOES ever find this thread! :lol:

Fish still down 25 ft but moved from 38 ft to 33ft water in the North Basin,trolling speed is now down to 4.0 mph,water temp is 64 degrees.Anyone getting in the Tourney now will have to stop by the Mayville launch on Oct 2nd between 6:00 am to 9:00 pm to get Tourney Button & Release Form!

Capt Larry

Gonna be wet and c-c-cold on Saturday. High of 48...in the 30s at the start. Fortunately winds will only be 11 mph but break out the winter gear for sure!

Will have to do some casting in the morning just to get the blood warmed and moving

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I heard from a good source that casting has picked up in the shallows 5 to 7 foot of water in the back of the Mayville Flats,black Suicks! The deep trolling fish have moved back up to 20 ft suspension from 25 ft and moved in to 30 to 32 ft of water.Slow down to 4.0 mph as well!

See everyone this weekend!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com/reports.htm

i fished chataqua sun thru today,all casting. tried the south end sunday and did zip. fished north end monday,got a 35 north of long point in 10fow. had a big follow there as well. got another mid 30 fish tuesday in the same area. today i caught another mid 30 and one that might have gone 40. also 3 other follows. i started in 10fow north of long point in front of the yellow "burried cable" sign and worked north,staying in 10fow. monday and tuesdays fish were on brown/brass bucktails. today's were caught on a nickle spoon. no pics today;got home and turned on the computer and it popped and banged and that's all she wrote. i'm usin wife's mini pad or whatever this is and don't know to get my photos on. good luck to all this weekend!

sounds like my girlfriend. she is 5' 1" and is AS crazy about fishing as i am. thats all we do with our free time. so HOLD ON TO HER! hard to find..... Good luck with everything.

ps. we go fishing EVERY FREE SECOND WE HAVE, but we never catch anything, lol. so hopefully you do better than me. any tips or comments are welcome on how to catch something!!