Joe'

My brother was the observer in your boat yesterday that got a hook in his arm. I was fishing with Vinnie. Everything turned out fine although the hook was in a vein. The doctor said it looked nasty. He froze it and cut the hook to get it out. No stiches. We want to thank you for pulling lines early and taking him to port. We appreciate it.

BTW your team members tried to enter my brother in your catch but thru him out because the hook was not in the mouth.

Good luck fishing.

Fred, (Steelhead'r)

That is a class act post. I have fished against and mostly with Irish Thunder Joe. He may be a little tough to look at :shock: but that guy has helped the Rebel team out at EVERY Pro-Am we have fished together in. He gives me advice BEFORE AND DURING the tournaments is what sets him apart to me.(Plus he is my wife"s favorite of ALL the captains I know :?: :?: :?: :idea: ) No Way, But any how GREAT tournament this year to learn in.

See you and team thrillseeker at the east end show down, best of luck to you and your brother.

PS tell your brother that if he was on any other Pro boat besides Irish Thunder , they would have not only stayed out BUT charged him $4.00 for the lure he took to the hospital :$

Jerry

REBEL

Fred, I have to second Jerry's comments about Joe. As a member of Jerry's team, Joe as always been a class guy and helped us out whenever asked weither it is a pro/am or not. Bringing your brother in and giving up fishing time is just something Joe would do.

I trust your brother is doing fine.

He is for sure a class act. A few years back Rochester had a pro am tournament. I don't think Joe was fishing in the tournament, but he was out with clients that day.

One of the amature boats that was out,called out a distress call to the Coast Guard that their boat was sinking. Captain Toomey being the guy he was pulled his lines and told the charter that he had to go help these poor guys. Captain Toomey rescued those guys and brought them in. The boat sank in more that 300 ft of water.

The following year at the Red Cross tournament, Captain Toomey was recognized and given an award for saving those Pro Am contestants.

Just goes along with the above story about Captain Toomey's character and professionalism on the water......

Freddy,

Good to hear Doug is doing well....tell him to stay awake next time!! :lol:

Great to see you guys again....

Jerry, see you on the east end, and don't forget the chocolate. I got the peanut butter!! Dex