Finally got my 50"!

Seriously, we eat like kings when we are down there.....Good news is, we usually burn off all of those calories later...Would love to shoot the poop with any and all of you...If you ever care for a meal (maybe not quite as good as the Inn), let me know...

I have the 18' tracker w/o pedestal seats....J

P.S. Ever see musky douche on here.... I received an e-mail from a member of Musky Inc....(niagra) and this guy (I won't say his real name) gave an update from a couple of weekends ago...if anyone wants it, that hasn't seen it, let me know....

i just call him "bob's buddy" :inlove: !

alright Sol,you've been outed! so what so you have to say for yourself??? c'mon, come clean! :rofl:

Jamie-3 day fishing weekends...wow I'm jealous...either you're not married or have a very understanding fishing widow. probably seen you as well...I've come to recognize some of the regulars there. one previously named individual in particular :lol:

look forward to meeting you. will post here in the future (as always) when I'm planning to head down, hopefully saturday if I'm lucky. whereabouts is your buddy's place?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Well, not quite 3 days....we usually average about 20-22 hours of fishing for thurs. and fri....Sometimes overlapping into Sat.

(I will be there this Sat.) My friend's (Bill) place is on Shorewood or the West side south of the points. I do have a very understanding wife and daughter, hopefully it stays that way ;) By the way, the Bob Weir you were talking about, did he work for GSK pharma. ??? My wife worked with a guy by the same name, he was a drinker too....

alright Sol,you've been outed! so what so you have to say for yourself??? c'mon, come clean! :rofl: ????

Wow, so many people at the unspeakable lake this weekend! Will anyone be fishing the tournament there this weekend? I will be there for a family vacation (24th-31st). I am hoping to find where they will host the awards ceremony. I would like to stop by and see how everyone does...and what familiar faces I see there!

Hopefully will see many of you at the tourney, on the water, or having a :beer: after a great day on the lake.

--Joe

By the way, the Bob Weir you were talking about, did he work for GSK pharma.

Hey Lips, I do know some GSK folks from my days on that side of the industry but the only Bob Wier I know of is the one formerly of the Grateful Dead

i hand landed 3 last night b/c they were smaller and didn't want to get the net tangled up.

N9IpJ.jpg

fIqIA.jpg

fItcJ.jpg

horrible pics, this i know. all fish came after dark. first one at 9pm and last one at 10:30pm. was able to get out from 6pm to 11pm. not one other musky fisherman out there last night. did a 41", 37 and a 31" casting rattling deep divers along the deep weededge taking a play from what i learned from night fishing w/ my ole man for all those years. all fish casting! :yes: we used to do alot on those straight night shiner depthraiders along the weed edge! alright- heres my bad hand landing story from maybe 12 years ago. hand landed a low 40" casting suicks in asheville bay in jamestown. reach down and grab fish boatside and lift fish into boat, fish thrashes and hooks on suick get caught in the arm of my sweatshirt, i go to bring fish into the boat and it thrashes cutting open a 2.5" gash straight down my left thumb, cut was deep and cut up my hand also. bleeding like a pig my ole man thinking quick comes right over to hold the fish still on the floor with his foot, hands, knees, and what ever else he could as we first cut hooks from my shirt w/ a pocket knife, that he helped me take off and then the fish. we released the fish and i went to go get stitches right then, ohh the good ole days before i had my net. bob(solgrande)- may have a story about a northern and a 5/0 for you if he ever gets off his social networking dating sites. (he's the main gigalo in his area if you didn't know, they call him solgigalo).

I am assuming that is the lake we won't mention (I like all of this secretiveness, don't know if it is working or not). Very impressive Zach...You are a rare breed. I admire your persistence and determination. We don't take fish out of the water that are under 40". Anything over 40 we want pics so we have to take them out for a short time (less than 20 sec.). We have always hand landed these fish (meaning get your hand in there and then remove the hooks). Well after what happened a few weeks ago, I will never put my hand near those hooks again. My net is my friend. My fishing partner Bill will always hand land. I think he has been to the hospital no less than twice for imbedded barbs...Sometime when I am not boring you to sleep, I'll share a good "Bill" and the embedded hook story with you. Your injury sounded fairly extensive....did you need stitches?

BTW....we are leaving tomorrow morning around 9 AM and will be there till Sat. morning (probably take off once the good ol recreational boaters have their way)..Maybe I will meet one of you in the near future...

J

i don't know if "solgigalo" has a singles mingle this weekend or not? if not, he maybe down w/ part of his fan club members. i try to avoid the weekends if possible but fish when i can. have fun! I saw a bald eagle flying around before dark last night for the first time at waneta, i haven't seen one there before and don't know if he was just flying by or has made a home nearby. you should have some nice weededges to fish since i cleaned them up last night dragging that damn crank around. 2 fish hit after cranking into the weeds and ripping it to clean it and bam they hit like freight trains. the small one hit 10 feet out as i was ripping the bait towards the surface to get ready for the 8. all fish took off just fine and were honestly very scrappy for the 78-79 degree water temp. no hits/follows/wakes or misses on topwater for me. i am secretly a "closet case topwater junkie" but will do what i have to do to put fish in the boat.

???? i don't know where this stuff i come up w/ comes from but i think he has a new name with me. lets just hope "the big one" doesn't make up a name for me b/c his may be true. hope he's not p*ssed off at me for this. i just love to laugh even though the funniest person i know is me. 16 so far for me this year!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks larry, have a long way to go before you and i could ever compare #'s though :), you have helped me become a better fisherman and you are the reason i give info so freely.