New Cannon Downriggers unveiled today at ICAST in Vegas

How about that. All these years they were in denial of the cable jumping problem:

The boom end now allows for freer motion of the downrigger cable, helping to prevent it from jumping off the pulley.

I wonder if the new boom end can be used with the old booms???

Hopefully the new ones are better than the junk they have been making, I think every boat I have ever been on with cannons had some sort of issue.

They are great for jumping the spool and making a darn mess

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Come on now fellas...the company spends countless thousands of dollars to improve the product and all you can do is complain? ;) I say kudos to Cannon for innovating - they've been listening to those of us who use the riggers in the field and have addressed all of the concerns with the old design. It's refreshing to see a company committed to improvement! Remember that this Cannon isn't the same Cannon that designed the older style riggers that most guys are still running. The old Cannon was sold to Johnson Outdoors a few years ago and the first thing the new Cannon did was make major improvements to the riggers that they were offering. Now they're putting their own stamp on the sport with the first truly new downrigger design to come to market in years. The new Cannon is doing their best to move the sport forward and is constantly striving to make better, more reliable products. I've been heavily involved with the design and testing of both these new riggers as well as the new IntelliTroll (which is absolutely fantastic BTW) and I can tell you that the people who I've worked with in the design and testing process are some of the most passionate, driven, quality-minded people I've worked with in any field.

I hope they pass some of that innovation off to their customer service department and have them answer your questions straight up. Nothing like having a problem and getting answers as if it is the first time they heard of it. Like the pulley deal. Now the worm comes out of the hole? Then to have a guy telling me it was my fault for a broken plug that was nothing more than a plug waiting to break from the start. Please! All of the issues result in a bad rap no matter how minor they may be. I hope they get it right.

Oh yea, someone should tell the publicist who wrote the news release that his space bar is a little sticky. ;)

I wasn't complaining Billy, I was hoping they have improved. I'd love to have a good new reliable rigger on the market. I'm always excited to see what new and innovative products come out of the ICAST.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I agree ^.

We've had Mag 10's for years and not one complaint about their product. When we first bought them, we lost the terminator and with one call to customer service and 5 minutes, we had new ones shipped to us free.

We are also running Mag10's...... :yes::beer:

Excited about seeing these new riggers out of Cannon

Billy; are the Cannon "dual axis rod holders" something new as well or will these work on our older mag10s? I see them in the picture with the new riggers. It looks like they mount between the base and the rigger?

http://store.cannondownriggers.com/dyn_ ... p?k=325076

Off track,

The dual axis holders have been out for a while now. I've been running them on my boat for two seasons and they are without question the best accessory I've ever had for my downriggers. They mount between the base and the rigger. They make the rigger infinitely more adjustable and are worth every penny in my book.

DSC_0586.jpg

Off track,

The dual axis holders have been out for a while now. I've been running them on my boat for two seasons and they are without question the best accessory I've ever had for my downriggers. They mount between the base and the rigger. They make the rigger infinitely more adjustable and are worth every penny in my book.

DSC_0586.jpg

BILL.....GET THAT UGLY BLACK TUBE AWAY FROM THE AWSOME TOURNY RIGGER :D:D:D

How about that. All these years they were in denial of the cable jumping problem:
The boom end now allows for freer motion of the downrigger cable, helping to prevent it from jumping off the pulley.

I wonder if the new boom end can be used with the old booms???