trailering 9.6 beam?

motocross

Dear M.C. I used to haul a 10' wide once a month for routine maint. & cleaning. I always obtained an overwidth NYS DOT permit. If you haul w/o the permit, you are on your own. NYS DOT State Troopers nailed a boat dealer from Canan. hauling overwides to the Roch. Boat Show about 3 years ago! Been going on for years!! You are taking big chances w/o the permit. I haved moved to a smaller boat so I can avoid the NYS hassle.......Jet Boat Bill

We do it all the time. (Fingers Crossed) But we tend to stay off expressways because there are fastwer routes to the Lake from our house. The only expressway we use a lot would be the parkway.

Don't do it unless you are willing to pay the fine (or your salesman is). I know people that don't register trailers every year....works fine until you get caught!

I have prosecuted and defended people for over 20 years and the comment above about raising revenues has never been truer than now. No such thing as a wink and a pass anymore.

We won't even talk about the potential civil liability if someone gets hurt when you are towing the oversized rig without a permit.

I passed a guy on the NYS thruway last friday pulling a boat that dwarfed

his 2500 pickup, no less than 25ft. he had flags, tellow flashing lights and oversize load signs. then shortly after that went by a boat smaller than the first one on the back of a tractor-trailer. Go figure!!!!!

Splitshot115