Braided Line and FLEAS

I use fireline #30 lb and DON'T have a problem. Not sure if it is the shape or wax coating, but I get less fleas on my braid than my wire. The difference being if I do get fleas, the roller tip on my wire rod cuts the fleas off nicely as I reel in, where as I have to use the "slap" technique to shake them off the braid.

I ran 30lbs spider wire on my rigger rods a couple weeks ago when the fleas were unmanageable it grabbed more fleas but would clean off twice as fast as it would on mono.The spider wire was abrasive enough you could hold tension on your line slide the fleas back and forth a couple times and it would cut them right off.It would just slide down the mono and it would take 2 to 3 times longer to clean my lines.I have run 45 pound braided on my dipseys before with good luck but 7 strand wire is the way to go.It will dive deeper and fleas won't be a problem just use a tiwi tip on your rod.

• 3 weeks later...

great advice above but forgot one thing, alot of the reason you use braid is for the smaller diameter ,so your dipsy or torpedo weights dive deeper ,going to a larger diameter braid you will loose that, one thing is sure they do clean off easier with braid and when they make it to your tip they dont jam up and you can still real