Olcott 7-16 On the board for the moment

Adam and I fished out of Olcott today prefishing for the Club Tournament this weekend. Wave forecast was WAY off, we had 2-3's with the occasional 4 footer.

Fishing was decent though, started inside and played with the browns for a while, but our goal was to pick up some kings for the blacken salmon at the picnic following the tournament, so we changed up to a king spread and moved out deeper.

Tons of shakers/skippies everywhere today.

Highlight of the day was a 28+ lb king that is currently hanging on to 20th place in the summer LOC which ends sunday King came on a green dbl crush glow opti inticer and green crinkle atommik on the wire diver back 160 on a 2. Don't expect it to survive the weekend, but it's nice to put one up for a while.

7-163.jpg

some nice browns today as well, but just the one pic, and this one is so so as the camera lens was fogged up a bit.

7-161.jpg

we've already postponed the club tourny til sunday, hope the weather lets us hold it this year.

Tim

I have fished out of Olcott several times and can't catch browns. I have no problem with steelhead, lakers and some salmon, but never browns. I have a fair amount of time in targeting browns with no fish. We did catch a 10 lber on Erie a few weeks ago fishing for eyes. Do you have any tips to help me out like spoons, depth of lure/water or anything else I might be doing wrong? We will probably be making another trip to Olcott next weekend and I'd like to give the browns another try. Thanks!

I have fished out of Olcott several times and can't catch browns. I have no problem with steelhead, lakers and some salmon, but never browns. I have a fair amount of time in targeting browns with no fish. We did catch a 10 lber on Erie a few weeks ago fishing for eyes. Do you have any tips to help me out like spoons, depth of lure/water or anything else I might be doing wrong? We will probably be making another trip to Olcott next weekend and I'd like to give the browns another try. Thanks!

MP, See my response in your question on the "Questions about Trout and Salmon Trolling" section.

Tim