The boats should add some self installed security. We call them Sabaki rigs. String a few of them head high around the boat and you'll find the culprits. They will need medical attention to get the hooks removed. Just remember that they are there before you go in or you may self inflict some major pain.

Spike

.....how about a few well placed surveilance cameras ,or trail cams ,to catch the dirty dogs...we all work to darn hard to get the money to buy our tackle and fishing equipment....i don't mind losing gear out on the lake,but losing stuff on land, in a marina ,is not even remotely acceptable...i hope they get caught this week..... choo-choo

That bike path makes a real easy way in and out with weeds on both sides and not well lit. I always thought that was a super highway for thieves. We shouldnt have to have security systems on our boats while they are slipped. I lock tackle and rods and such in the cabin and take reasonable effort to lock stuff up but the hasnt even helped others. Robbery shouldnt exist at wrights with what we pay for the season. 24 hour security and safety etc. is in the sales pitch when you pay for the slip but is very poor. Wait till harbor fest this weekend. Havent changed the combo on the private bath houses in at least three years. Everyone in Oswego and more knows the combo. The doors never even close during harbor fest. Looks like a stake out with the turkey gun and enough beer to last a few days may be in order. BANG!!!! :devil:

Thats unreal to hear about! It makes me sick thinking about all the money it costs for a season slip and wrights landing can't even guarantee the security of the boats there. I had someone break in my truck this year and steal my fishing equipment out of it that I had left in it over night so I know that feeling. I hope they catch the fillthy scums, there is nothing worse than a thief! I hope wrights landing was held liable for the cost of the stolen fishing gear.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Several years ago I had a guy checking my boat out very carefully while my son and I were setting tackle. Everytime I would look at him, he would look away. As soon as I went about my business he would go back to looking things over. I told my son to get out the flare gun. He handed it to me and I loaded it. I laid it on the doghouse and told my son that if anyone messed with the boat don't hesitate to let one go. As soon and this guy heard the conversation, he was long gone. I gave up leaving my boat in a slip several years ago. I don't have much, but I don't want to lose what I do have.