WE WANT YOU BACK!!!!!!! """"""A-TOM-MIK""""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK TOM .

im gonna try and put you up against the roaps..

Well we bought your products when a fly was thought of a bait used by flyfishernen to most.

WE bought every newest and greatest producer till our tackle boxes were replaced by FLY storage boxes..

You came a long way from single trebels to double hooks and rattles.

Now when we unload our boats for the winter because of you we must sneak in our "few" flies at night after the wife is asleep so they dont see them "ALL"

Ive used your product in the Fla.Keys with a little retrofitting to the leader and will perfect it this year. I was catching 40in plus King Mackrel in 20 ft of water with a canoe..

so I might be able to return a favor down there.

We all have read the "LOU post" as to why you pulled from the PRO/AM DERBYS ...sometimes in life we get kicked ,punched,and drug through the dirt dispite being nice guys.

We ,your supporters,derby entrants,and friends ... are the ones who are getting hurt for your withdrawing from your Generous sponcerships...

So from a guy who fishes from a tin can ((and im shure all the way to the 40ft plus) boat..As a very good smart friend has told me many times look at your shoes and do the right thing..

Thank You

Ray Koziatek

""TEAM PEGASUS""

Ray, From a manufactures point of view, we get asked all the time for sponser stuff etc. We have had great times and not so great times with tourneys etc. There are a couple we will never do anything with again PERIOD. But this looks like it went way personal to me. I dont know what happened, it aint any of my business but when you get companies like Toms to support the fishery your so lucky. There are companies you never see give, buy ad's help the net pens etc. They are just takers, let me make stuff cheap and get a few guys to promote it and stuff the $$$ in my pocket. Let Tom, Big Weenie, Dreamweaver and others worry about the fishery in the future. If you guys just support Tom, he will be just fine. Maybe a new tourney will be born out of this and then you guys can make a statement. Just a thought, BW

Yes BIG Weenie I know . As past president of the National Cinderella softball assc. Ive delt with every thing from disgruntled parents,coaches other leagues ,umpires ,sponcers,city councel,newspaper reporters, but never the"" Kids""" that were my prime goal to have a good time under the leadership of my board and myself...The Man who always kept my eyes to the ground is a 10th degree black belt and runs 2 dojos and he gave me the best advise from day one in my Volenteer position that any person could ever have in my position "EVERY DECISION AND EVERYTHING WE DO MUST BE FOR THE GIRLS AND TEAMS""..

those 13 words kept me (us)on track on every decision we made we grew from 1500 girls a tournemet season to near 3000 by the time i stepped down.

I might not point to any paticular mfg. in my reports But I gots one of those big, big weenie decales on my boat, i have great sucess with yours siggs and toms flys and products..I have at least 50 or so of each of above mentioned flys probly closer to 100 each but dont tell the wife(mine).

I want to thank you ALL for your efforts in research ,products,and most important SPONCERSHIPS OF ALL THE DERBYS YOU GUYS AND OTHERS DO. the box of flys and the 50.00 bucks were a nice gift for guys like me who might struggle one day and bounch back another. We might not of taken 1st but by gosh I done got me some new flys ,box, and a few bucks to enjoy future fishing..plus Its boost my spirit a little of entering next years derbys.....So like Mr. Beecher says check out your shoes Ray. Even in defeat I smile and tell him thank you Sir.

Ray,

I applaud your enthusiasm, truly I do

I've had a love for any competitive type excitement ever since I saw the first angler walk into a tackle shop (when I was behind the counter) and weigh in a fish back during the ESLO and CLASSIC events of the 80's. The eagerness, intensity and passion was something I always hoped I could relate to on a much more personal note.

Actually went out at the end of one summer after I had saved my cash and bought a brand spank'n new 1986 14" Sea Nympth aluminum boat with a 15 HP Evinrude and stuck 2 hand crank riggers, a bottom line graph, some down easter and also some PVC rod holders and some running lights. I was in business and fished my first derby event ever that next spring

From then till now my passion evolved to a near un-controllable state. I can honestly say I have yet to meet a sole who plans as much as me, near a year in advance to fish every tourney and derby style event that I can cram into as many weekends possible out of any given summer. I'm addicted in a way that simply scares me at times, often while on my drive to a any pre-fish or tourney day I try to stay constantly in tune with where I will be the following weekend.

After many years of this it finally sank in at some point that I had followed through with initial intentions and had years behind me and hadn't even realized it. My involvement was carried out without question and only to constantly grow in many ways surrounding many tourney scenes. To be involved 100% without hesitation and to sponsor such along the way was never questioned.

Each season would grow and grow and never plateau, the more of what was asked of me and my business was welcomed on all levels, the more they asked the more I gave, I ate it up like a kid in a candy store, one event then the next, one season more than the last, added expectancies and additional cash and product never denied !!!!!! ............... Then it happened for the first time ever, the A-TOM-MIK name that all were use to hearing of, whether it be a LOC leader board or a local tournament, finally had some sequences of turbulence............ One shiny happy morning while I was "hooking up" an additional Pro/Am team for the Pro division heading into Niagara, docks were booked, rooms were rented, team names being created as many in the past were. Team Cold Steel/A-TOM-MIK, Team Screamer/A-TOM-MIK, the list goes on. ..... But that was to be no more in the same light as years past......... My help and personal promotion was not looked up to as I had previously thought.

The rave and satisfaction of my portrayed passions was being put to a screaming halt. I was on the phone within seconds, thoughts of how I could possibly be stripped of the exact avenue that helped my success and quite frankly enabled my sponsorships to grow in the route that the A-TOM-MIK name had been able to achieve and support year after year. How could this be? Why would they do this to me................What ???? No way !!!!! Un Real !!!!!!!!!

So, I figured I would b*tch along the way but stay involved, Niagara was a blow on one day and I didn't get to see weigh-in as the teams scattered. Orleans was a turning point for me, the dramatic intenseness that I always felt was gone, I had been on many top teams in past years that had won and or had lost, however I always maintained and easy composure. I struggled with a bad taste in my mouth for weeks after Orleans, I was no longer liking the Pro/Am scene. I was committed to my team but sent them the news I was done after 2010 with the Pro/Am's, Oswego came and brought a win for us, a bit easier to swallow but still roaming thoughts, Sodus the same, it felt nice and the sheer drama brought that tear as so many events have. But as of today the feeling of bitter/sweet is plainly evident.

Twists of the knife are still freshly felt, insulting acts towards A-TOM-MIK residing in daily thoughts. I brought my kids fishing just today, as we were reaping havoc off the shores in O-Town on some BT's my daughter told her friend, "My dad is a great fisherman, he has a million trophies" a quick tear fell fast and nasty thoughts abruptly interrupted a time that should of brought pleasure.

The Pro/Am scene does not log good for my small business or me in the future, politics have reared their ugly head Ray, and I may simply be too weak of a person to overcome the dis-pleasure I am feeling even after the bitter sweet weekend of Sodus, time will tell as I often say.

Again, I do applaud your enthusiasm, your a great guy !!!!

As far as a new tourney, I do not consider myself an undermining individual, even though the Canadian ministry does feel that way, lol, no comment on a new tourney as of now on that note, I do feel the Oswego Pro/Am is in need of some desperately needed help though, considering it has fallen in entrants even since unification, this after constant growth with help from Troy Creasy and Gerry Bresadola. After all it did grow for a straight 10 year period to 78 teams.

Tom

Thank You Sir,

I understand you and your decisions much better. I know I might of been outa line to start this post and for that im sorry if I've stepped in "IT" AGAIN...

My recent post of "WOULDA COULDA SHUDA " was my reason to start typing away .

At least in theory, guess Id rather take some "HEAT" or ridicule of myself .

So what "would"be the right thing?

What "could " I do to help?

What" should " we do tomorrow?

Thank You,

Ray K.

No ridicule needed upon a trying voice......

All info below is strictly IMO

So what "would" be the right thing?

For the Pro/Am or the "involved" and/or participants : in relation to A-TOM-MIK the "right" thing may not be available !!

What "could" I do to help?

Your attitude is good Ray, but for the Pro/Am, a good attitude was obviously never enough, as "more" was always expected on many levels, but to give back was never an option or offered, nor was there or is there any room for exception

What "should" we do tomorrow?

If "we" is the Pro/Am support group or future participants: Be ready to give all your "heart" can shell out, shed all you may, and expect great acceptance but zero "say".

Tom

No Tom i ant got no affiliation with the board justa another fisherman trying to do what in my little pea shell might be a good thing ..............

PEGASUS

Thanks Again for hearing one guy who speaks up even if its not the right place to speak aloud .

Thanks Again.

well i've tried to bite my tongue on this one... but i'm not so good at keeping my mouth shut. From my point of view, Tom's decision wasn't best for the fisherman of this lake... and therefore, I will not be buying any further atomik products at this time. This is all I'll say on this topic. Best of luck to Tom as I think he's a great guy... but I just don't believe his decision was made in the best interest of "you and me", or his company... emotional decisions are always bad... take my post as an example :(

Nick

Uhhh oooo.....shots fired.....take cover boys. Call in an airstrike...... scott when you won the brown division Orleans last year, Did you Thank all your sponsors? I look forward to august......Thanks again bro.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Nick

I would have to say I am in agreement with all you have said !!! Every word !!!

However one single thing has blurred my actions

It is known as "PRIDE"

......and that is something I will fight to never lose

Tom

Just a thought. Maybe the people that run the Pro/Am tourney were thinking that the A-TOM-MIK name was creating sort of a monopoly and that seeing A-TOM-MIK on every other piece of paper, t-shirt or whatever would deter other teams from wanting to enter the tournaments, thinking, oh these guys got this wrapped up.

NOT that your decision is going to hurt your business. And just because you’re pulling away, doesn’t mean that the tourney guys won’t use your product.

Hey, there’s a lot more fishermen that fish the LOC but its just not as fast & furious. Not sure if you give away product for the LOC but I sure wouldn’t turn them down! Enough guys use your fly’s during the LOC to set up a $ prize. Maybe you have already in the past.

Just a thought.

Ray,

Actually went out at the end of one summer after I had saved my cash and bought a brand spank'n new 1986 14" Sea Nympth aluminum boat with a 15 HP Evinrude and stuck 2 hand crank riggers, a bottom line graph, some down easter and also some PVC rod holders and some running lights. I was in business and fished my first derby event ever that next spring

From then till now my passion evolved to a near un-controllable state....

Tom

I guess my 70's 14ft Strarcraft with the 15hp Merc 4 stroke isn't looking so bad as a starting point for trolling to sample the bio-system. New rig is Hobie Revo Yak I'm trying to get set up when the matures come in to play. It is somewhat of an unconTROLLable state.

Good luck Tom.

Tom...I don't blame you at all. I respect your decision and I'm sure you will do your part to promote our fishery in other ways. I love atomik products and will continue to use them. Keep up the Good work and Good luck with your business.

I have and will continue to take a back seat approach on this, even though I do harbor strong opinions on the subject. We all know It's a loose - loose situation and I have heard from a source I believe, that there is much more to this story that what has been put before us here on Lou.

It is known as "PRIDE"

......and that is something I will fight to never lose

This should never have become so public and personal. I to, am very proud Tom. It's the way I was raised, but I also have learned from my fathers mistakes. Pride impedes progress and mars greatness.

Some proverbs I have often called upon in my life:

"When pride comes, then comes shame, but with humility comes wisdom."

"Pride only breeds quarrels, but with ones who take advice is wisdom."

"A man's pride brings him low, but one of lowly spirit gains honor."

"We might not see it but the next step that comes after pride is a huge fall. Watch your own heart; keep it within the right boundaries!"

Well Rod,

Maybe I am starting to disagree with more than only coordination

I recall my first ever job like it was yesterday, I was loading lettuce boxes on the back of an old army truck

250 boxes per truck

3 trucks per 18 wheel van trailer

It was my job as low man on the totem pole, to see that the boxes were stacked on the army truck nice and neat so that all 250 boxes could be stacked and so that only 3 trips were necessary up the hill.

I was low man, but for 2 seasons worth of probably hundreds of trips I was commended for my efforts, never was there asked more of me as long as I did my job, I made 2.50/hour and worked about 60 hours a week. I was the proudest young teen muck worker I think this crew ever had. As to this day almost 30 years later, the then crew leader, now owner still drives past my moms house daily. While at my moms Mr. Gianetto always stops to tell me he wishes he had me still loading boxes today as "I was the best"

I stand by all my decisions concerning Pro/Am involvement, and I am PROUD to say I gave it my all, but when my all was shaved away and the bar was lifted on expectancies it was time for me to simply go away. That I have done

If my business goes under tomorrow or next year I guess coordination, yourself and a very few others could stand correct !!!!

I would rather "go under" proud than stay "on top" and lose dignity

Tom

Hey Tom, I didn't write those proverbs, just passed them along...... :) Don't condem me for having an opinion.

Is it possible you're confusing pride with self-esteem and confusing self-esteem with moral beliefs?

Just very proud of what I have been able to accomplish through the years and didn't expect the lack of appreciation for my efforts

No opportunity was ever given to me concerning the Pro/Am's mal-functions, it was a cut and dry case, this is the way it is going to be type approach and we do not care what you have done for us in the past

Was a hit to my pride, I was proud of how my business had grown with the teams that represented me, was proud that I could help the very events I loved to be involved with and with something I loved to do.

Not sure about your latest approach or twist on the issue? Not sure where your coming from or where your going with what you've said, first your concern was with your dads mistakes, then you were "only" passing along some proverbs?

Either way many who have followed have related to my issues, without "this much info" that you feel should of been kept out of the lime light, now most will always know how it all went down !! Instead of merely accepting future responses and answers from Pro/Am personnel, to what would of leaned obviously in favor of.

I was always willing to "step up" but it all stopped when I was too proud to be set back a notch.

Tom

just figured i would chime in abit i dont have the pleasure of calling tom a friend but i do know who he is and what i do know is that he is a stand up guy and i have seen some of the things he has given to promote the great sport of lake fishing being a bussiness owner myself i know how it can be with donation's and so forth but i believe tom was a very giving person along this route stop and think every thing he donates is money out of his pocket for the rest of us to save money in our pocket and when a person donates as much time and product as he has a little bit of patronage is just a small gift back i could be totally of base on this please correct me if im wrong???

i do believe tom has a incredible product that will continue to sell well why because they catch fish which is the reason why we buy them not because hey i know tom so let me buy some atomic flies i have no clue who johnny dipsey diver is but i got about 50 of them cuz they work and the list goes on ok enough of me babbling along here i got to hide some crayfish from some guys and go bass fishing now :D:rofl: