Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEw

Salmon fishing has been sad out of fairhaven. A few 2 year olds but that's it!! Sonar screen has been basically blank of fish and bait. Temp is down around 116 feet and the currents are wicked to say the least !! The only saving grace has been the awesome steelhead fishing. Plenty of them in the 6 to12 lb range with a few even bigger that we lost. Ill post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it hot spoon has been the R@R new monkey puke I have one Moore week to find the big kings here. More reports to follow.

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

look out deep. start in 200 FOW and work your way out to 300 or so. Just fish temp and make sure down speed is good. Dont worry about marking too much. So far this year the screen has been pretty blank but the fishing has been good.

I have been starting in 200 feet and going out as far as 350. We did 6 steelies and 4 2 year old last night before we got chased off by the big storm. I can't figure out how to post pics yet because I'm using my wides I phone here it's way to complicated for me :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Up till Tues (7/20) I was doing good on steelies & browns & terrible on mature kings out of Port Bay. Steel @60 down over 100-300FOW. Browns in tight pods 50-100 down over 60-120. On Tues there was a lot of warm water down all the way to 80' from shore out to 500 FOW. 0-steelies,0-browns, found a bunch of juevy kings to 20-25" in a a break of 56 deg water out at 200fow. I'm hoping to have my probe back working below 75' asap & will be back up after the weekend. -Andy

I hope someone finds the mature kings soon. Last year at this time we were smoking them out of port bay. A week ago i looked out to 400ft and nothing. I found it hard to believe that there was no bait out deep. I didn't see any bait from 150 out to 400. 250 - 300 ft was the best area for me. Next time i won't stop at 400 if i can't find them.

Last week while pre-fishing the Pro-Am, I ventured out of Port Bay solo to 720 fow and it was pretty bleak. I scored a nice 23 lb'er and a 9 lb steely somewhere in the 600's but nothing much. The FF was blank the whole time out deep. On the way back in I marked some good fish over 350 fow, but no takers. Then hit them good over 200 fow just west of Sodus, boating a 21 lb king and several steelies 8 to 11 lbs. Every fish I marked 35 ft down I hooked up with. No deep marks, and no bait. I also find it strange that there has been no bait offshore, but the pods are definitely there under 100 fow and staying put for some reason.

Have patience, the big boys will be showing up in numbers as we head into August... :clap: (if not, head to Oswego 8) )