st. lawrence/waneta

went to the st. lawrence sat after work. got there just in time for a severe thunderstorm. sunday i jigged big plastics all day around clayton,carelton and round island. nothin. wife had 4 dozen bass minnows and used em all. caught a bunch of perch,some bass,a walleye and two pike. today i fished waneta.

NUPFJ.jpg

i caught this one around 7:30 in the south end in 19fow. a half hour later i hooked a similar fish but i knocked it off with the net. at 10am i figured i would quit while i was ahead and go mow the lawn.

NVnAJ.jpg

both fish ate this musky innovations jimmy;the cowbells are my addition.

old man- you jigging it or casting it? looks tough to cast so i would assume your jigging. i almost brought my red octobers last night to cast but thought i didn't have enough daylight to fish them correctly. i will bring them down next time since you have proved it works. nice job either way. i am guessing 37" and jiggin'? good to see you finally took off your lucky spinnerbait (was your snap rusted on yet?). anyone here ever try trolling cowbells in front of your lure? seems like a better idea than behind the lure. how about 4-5 big blades in front of it. think they would see it then? would need a brick to keep it down though. old man- how was the hit when the musky picked it up? a hard pound or just feel the weight of the jig dissapear? was it hooked well also? i have alot of questions about tubes and all the differant ways you can rig them. the jimmy has a nose rig ment to be casted and have a jerkbait sort of action but you proved they can be jigged also. is that the 11" or 14" jimmy? i think they would be deadly in the late fall jigged on bottom. i also see my catch rates go straight down come august/september and i really think its b/c of pressure (cause its gets BEAT) and i think tubes will get those pressured fish easily. i don't really know what muskies do after mid-october since i am always bowhunting but early october i usually struggle and will maybe do 1 a day.

i over analize everything about my fishing nitro and attempt listen to what i consider a good fisherman w/ experiece has to say hoping to learn something. even if it only helps me get one extra fish a year its worth it to me. i look at my all my tubes and all the differant ways to use them but have yet to get them wet. i got them like a month ago and have them all rigged differant ways but yet to try them. i think you (nitro) would be intrested b/c you are the deep jigger sometimes.

i just let it sink to the bottom,reel in a couple feet,and jig it while moving with the trolling motor. it's the 11" model. both fish hit it hard. the one i caught was a fun one,two jumps. it was hooked good enough to land and then the bait fell off in the net. can't beat that. i had it out of the water maybe 30 seconds and it took off instantly. the barbs are cut off that too,so much easier to release. i'm pretty exited to hit a couple on the plastic stuff. i casted the usual hair baits from 5 to 7 with no results.

i really think its something new to those fish and old man- once again, great job! i think you may have another musky hit that net this year w/ a hunk of plastic hanging outta its mouth at the rate you are going! sorry to ask so many questions and thanks for your response. i think a sucker in colder water w/ those baits next to them or casted would be very hot! good luck next time out! :yes: did you ever get that lawn cut? or did it storm on you?

i did get it cut. i didn't get rained on til the charlie daniels concert. a note on the cowbells;i can't say if they helped attract fish because it's all new to me. what i can say is they let you know when you hang a weed. i've made some blades for my red october stuff and bulldawgs out of worn out bucktails. i won't get to try em til august,though. my latest wife of 7 months rented us a place on cayuga lake for next week. god bless her,but cayuga ain't on the list! i'll get her trained.

you got her trained better than you think old man...at last it was a lake- aka good for boating and fishing. my wife put us on the ocean. kinda like that old rhyme: "water water everywhere, but not a drop of good fishing from shore, and no way in he11 is the boat going to see a drop of that damned salt water!" :lol:;)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png