best chance too

report coming in from michigan best chance too got caught cheating....they withdrew from the tournament...now teams filed an appeal....possible ban from all tournaments...in michigan you get caught you get ban from life...

I heard about this....they were seen shaking fish off at the back of the boat? Something to that manner & the observer was being questioned?

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Good...I hope they do....with the caliber of fishermen on this lake those guys will get smoked.....and that's a fact.....ie Irish joe toomey, vinnie, cold steel boys, sure strike, and the list goes on. Not to mention the stiff competition to the north. Welcome east best chance guys......

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

If it's true, they should not only be banned from all future tournaments but they should be stripped of any previous tournament wins!!!!!!! Oh and let's not forget the observer on their boat should also be banned from participating in tournaments for not reporting the cheating.

Brian

What a dam shame.

Could never understand why some people got to do the dispicable things they do to catch a fish or win a tournament.

Personally, between takeing a skunk or acting like that give me last place and the skunk. :@

Glen

I always wanted to go to Mi to beat them on their home waters. Maybe I won't have to travel so far now.

Someone pop this kids head before it gets any bigger! He wont be able to walk out of the Fat Nancy's door soon. LMAO

We need to learn how to beat Cold Steel, Thrillseeker, Top Gun, Screamer, and Vision Quest before we try to go toe to toe with some of them MI guys. Although, those MI guys would probably crack off our big boyz because they are so BIG! Lake O "Home of the KING Salmon!"

Glen,

It's all about the MONEY. People cheat in everything because of the money involved. Being involved in livestock for years, you would be amazed at the animal abuse parents will lay on their child's 4-H market animal in order to win a ribbon and some money. The higher the pot goes, the more prevalent the cheating. Being a veterinarian, more than once I was approached to supply steroids, (yes the same ones the Home Run Hitters use), for parents to roid up a market steer, pig, or lamb to make a lean and mean winner. What's laughable about that is the livestock shows were testing and banning exhibitors long before baseball even admitted there was a problem. If we're true Sportsmen, fishing for the joy of being on the water should be where it starts and ends. My trophy is a grilled fillet and a cold pop :beer: at the end of a good day. :)

Greg

I talked with the 2nd place boat monday night. He called to thank us, he bought our flies at a tackle shop and caught most of there fish on them. I told him I was sure they had won because I got a call from a good source monday that BC2 was withdrawing. He said to me" Yea but it sucks not getting to the podium as the first place boat" Thats the bad thing they can never give them that back. This is a boat that fish's just a few tourneys because they are regular working people, not a boat that is always out there. They are not fishing this weekends big tourney because of work. I think its simple, Take the lie det test and either your cleared or banned for life, pretty easy. BW

Well,

The truth is finally starting to show its face. Andy i agree with you a chance to put them in there place would be nice. But lets face facts they with drew from the tourney to save face as best they could. I would love love to go toe to toe with them.. but the fact is that if they are guilty of cheating they should not be allowed to fish in our tourneys. they will definately do it here. cheating is cheating..plain and simple..leave em in michigan and deal with it there. if by chance that they somehow make their way to our lake well lets just say i will not be fishing anymore tourneys at that point in time..not because i am not good enough to compete but because we have just enharreted someone else junk. its not fair to the field. i have a hard enough time getting through the open communication rule in our events.. phone calls to help the win along....na no thanks ....this would just put me over the edge.

chris

Just have to chime in on this. If it is true, no cheater should rob the rest of us,nor any future players of the pure exhilaration, camraderie, and sportsmanship that takes place around these events. No downcasting on Tournies overall is necessary. This fishery IS a CONTEST fishery. I spend MANY days all alone on the water with my charter. Come a Tournament or derby, and the ports come "ALIVE". Just the American way, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Striving for excellence is what originally made our country great, and it needs to get back to that. Mediocrity will get you "smoked" in life, and business.

In my Profession, a Captain OWES it to his clients, to sharpen the pencil often. The clients pay good money for shortcuts to action, and fishing success on days when most would run for cover. There is absolutely no replacement for these tournaments for ongoing improvement and education. You learn more when you get thrashed by the competition. In addition, the economic "shot in the arm" these events give the communities they are held in, is critically important and helps justify the programs expense in these economic times.

As Tommy Burke mentioned at one of the awards ceremonies, you will learn who your friends are during these events. As he has, I have made many lifelong friends through Tournament competition, and look forward to seeing everyone at all of the events. I too, have had competitors help me with repairs, and it will not be forgotten.

Now, as for communication, this is a touchy subject. It is because of the friendship, respect, and spirit of competition, that I rarely communicate during events. If your communication hasn't caused a riff, just give it time, it will. I do not agree with "open comm", but I do understand how impossible it would be to enforce with todays technology. Imagine how hard it would be to get a observer if they couldn't look at their "dingleberry"(blackberry). It is up to the Capts to compete within the confines of of good sportsmanship and "the spirit of competition".

So dbutts, and any others looking to get involved, do so. I have watched several teams climb the ladder to greatness. I so look forward to each Tournament, and so do the choice clients of mine who have been invited to be involved. We make irreplaceable memories at every event--win or lose, and learn more in one Tournament than all the other days put together. Salmon are the ultimate Tournament fish, and trout are no slouches either. We have never wasted one fillet, in fact, our observers are often the benefactors of any extra fillets.

As for observers, they are the backbone of the Pro-Am format. Problem is, teams often take shortcuts and "buy" or "hire" one. Bad Play. They won't care the same, in fact, they will often end up pulling for the boat they are on! You need to find observers that are your friends or sometimes teammates. We often let observers fish with us during pre-fish in return for their loyalty. Any future growth in payouts will require impeccable observers. It is our responsibility.

So, lets continue to improve the events, even if there is growing pains along the way. There is absolutely no reason why they can't reach the stature of Bass events, especially with the fishery we have. Although they aren't for everyone, many of us couldn't imagine a Summer without them!

I went to their seminars. Bought them drinks at the hotel. Took all kinds of notes at the seminars. Bought all of their CD's. What a joke. I'm a newbie trying to learn whatever I can from these so called profesionals. Someone should hide some bananas in their boat.