Rod Holders - Know where I can get Down-East in the area?

Anyone know where I should look for Down-East rod holders? Dick's is selling one, but they are the low end model that does not fit my poles. I am looking for the 2 D-clamp models they sell. I have tried the 3 bait shops around Chautauqua already with no luck. If anyone knows of a bait shop near Rochester or Buffalo, I will be happy to take a quick trip to buy them.

Thanks!

--Joe

go to stripertackleonline and get them or order directly from down-east. i have ordered through both and am super happy w/ both companies service and shipping. stripertackleonline got them to me in a day and a half before the first tourney cause i was running 6 rods total and needed 2 more holders and didn't want a crappy plastic one (which have broke on me in the past). get the salty clamp-on's or my favorite the taller horizontal mounts. if you need it today, drive all the way to seneca marine. they were the only place semi-local i could find them when i was looking. imo, i would get a rod wrap for the foregrip on your rods as down-easters are rough on the cork from my experiences. some people like those new folbes rod holders also as they don't eat up the cork as bad but i can't comment on them since i don't have any. you may also be interested in running a rod leash from the butt of the rod to an eyelet in the boat as i have heard down-easters failing but have never seen it yet myself. funny i just checked my e-mail after posting this and stripertackleonline says if you make them a friend on facebook they will give 10% off an order! its a start nolad, hope it helps.

Thanks Guys,

I ended up taking a quick trip the Bass Pro in Auburn. They had 2 of the Salty versions on hold for me. They are nice! I cannot wait to clamp them onto the boat and give them a try this weekend. With my new poles, the plastic Scotty's were actually bending when I was trolling. I was really nervous that a good hit was going to snap the pole right out of the rod holder and into the water. Not what you want when you just bought new equipment!

Zach: That stripertackle website is great! Their pricing was lower than everyone, and they have a great amount of product. I did not go with them just because I was nervous on getting them shipped in on time. I will definitely remember the site and go back in the future.

--Joe