July 20th,21st & 22nd Chautauqua Musky Report

Client Dave Lowery was up from Delaware for three days.Dave had three days he will remember for a lifetime. Tuesday July 20th Dave caught & released 48",43",39"37"35" muskies.Wedesday July 21st Dave caught & released 47",46 1/2",46" 38",33" muskies.Then he topped off his muskie trip with a Fat 50 1/4" Muskie on Thursday July 22nd.Pictures to follow after Dave gets home and emails them back to me.

Now at 71 Muskies in 26 days of fishing,average almost back up to 3 muskies per day,Chautauqua has been hot!

Same lead core program,4 colors of 60 lb lead core out,5.5 mph,starting with Wiley 5 1/2 inch Jtd in natural colors till 10:30 am and after the fish move from 34 ft to 37 ft depths I go to the Hi-Fin Magnum Trophy Divers Jtd.The Wileys are down 20 ft and the Hi-Fin Trophy Divers with Niagara Lip are down 30 ft.Back out this afternoon with Dr. Dave!

Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service

Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com

how could chad cast w/ leadcore. i think at slower speeds leadcore would come into play but at 5mph? i don't think its really needed to get bit. good luck chad i am dying to get back.

Brad -

Definitely going to be trolling deep water but I usually like to keep tight on fish when I find them (i.e., tight figure 8's) so I have not run leadcore for muskies in the past. Apparently it is a great option that I have for the most part overlooked (I'm still a rookie at this ;) ). I have access to some leadcore rods and may convert one over from salmon to musky.

Any advice on how to rigg a leadcore for muskie? Only used them for salmon fishing before.... never toothies.

just tie on a leader, troll and wait to hear the clicker go off. larry runs 50lb and long line sets to get the lures down. would wire be a better option?

You go straight 80lb floro leaders from the end of the leadcore to the lure? What is a good length to run the leaders?

I have wire rods already setup and ready to go as well.