Cayuga 7/24

Had the pleasure of fishing with Vic Leone (Sliderbite) and his son Joey (Eskimo Joe) in the LOU Tournament. Fished in deep water south of AES we boated several lakers in the 7 to 11 lb class, one brown, and finally located LLs in 250' of water at 60', unfortunately it was about 11:30 and the weigh in was at 1 PM.

Joey landed all of the fish other than the brown without help from either myself or his dad. Considering he is only 8 years old and bringing in 240" of wire is quite an accomplishment. The attached pictures say it all, so Joey has the trophy and he's not giving it up without a tussel next year. Thanks to all who set this up and it was a pleasure to meet you guys!

2BkX9.jpg

2BsqA.jpg

OAN0J.jpg

Hy1L9.jpg

2BOSS.jpg

WOW! What a day! , never would of had imagined it would turn out the way it did :):clap:

I'd like to give Split a shout out for continueing to make this happen every year and and to all

who helped out. :yes::clap: Thankyou!

Frisco without you this wouldnt have been possible , Joey will remeber this day forever , Thankyou!

To all who fished and where a part of this day, Thankyou! I didnt get to meet everyone but I was fortunate

to meet a few and match screen names with faces , it was a pleasure meeting you! :)

All in all a wonderful day spent fishing and spending time with good friends , dosent get any better than that , well

unless there's a trophy to go with it..... :D

Only bad point of the whole day was when I told Joey he could only keep the trophy for a year :D ,

but I explained it to him :lol: , we'll be back next year! :D

Joey doing his thing :D

2010LOU-ALL005-1.jpg

His best yet , just shy of 10lbs.

2010LOU-ALL007.jpg

Weigh-master Splitshot , Assistant weigh-master (Joey) :D , helping out Chowder weigh in

2010LOU-ALL014-1.jpg

Trophy :clap:

2010LOU-ALL018-1.jpg

Team Frisco :clap:

2010LOU-ALL019.jpg

Great Job Guys. Today is definitely a day he will never forget. We had a blast out on the lake even w/ all the chaos. I won't go into details but I have a few evening projects for the boat as well as some $$ to spend before she's ready for next weekend. Great to see a youth out there, I know my nephew loves going when he's in town. The smiles are truely the future of our sport.

Way to go Eskimo Joe 2.gif and crew.11.gif

Hope it will fit in your trophy room or dad will have another project to add to the list.

I guess I'll have to let this one grow up before I can get that trophy away from you...9.gif.

Congratulations on your win.

Hey Vic,

I thought Eskimo Joe only ventured out when it was below 50 degrees. ;) Congratulations on what looked to be a great day for all of you. I'll be sure to have my kids view the photos so maybe next year Cayuga Lake can trump Darien Lake. :)

Greg

It was good to meet you Frisco! I'm a new member and had some problems with my account or I would have posted sooner. I had heard many tales of this "Eskimo Joe" and was in hopes of meeting him some day. I talked with him at the boat launch before day break while he was waiting for Frisco. If I had known that was Eskimo Joe I could have been picking his brain for what program to run that day. It was great fun to watch him at weigh in running around with his trophy and ten dollar bills flying out the top. He reminds me of my boy "lil troller"when he was young. He is in his late twenties and still has trouble sleeping before a fishing trip. It was good to see all the people from the forum. Wes

It was a fun day for me just watching Joey! He is quick to the rod, his dad won't be landing many fish for a while! Good to meet you too. I didn't expect much ftom the tournament other than to meet some great people and have some fun. Along with that I can say we were very lucky, there were much better fishermen there than I!

You deserve a great deal of credit for raising such a great kid and spending countless hours teaching him. Most kids his age won't leave the video game or xbox for 10 minutes. He's lucky to have a dad who passes on his love of the outdoors and cares more about his son catching fish than himself. Congrats.