Sandy Creek Shootout -August 22nd

After a year of planning we are happy to announce the First Annual Sandy Creek Shootout sponsored by Lake Ontario United (LOU). You can download derby flyer and rules at the bottom of this post. Please keep in mind that the goal of the planning committee was to make this a fun gathering for Sandy Creek anglers and LOU members. We couldn't include a lot of ports this year because we are new. Please bear with us and see how this plays out. Hopefully we have a good showing and a good time, with the help of some more local volunteers we might be able to make this a bigger event in the future. I want to thank the sponsors that have come along to assist us in putting this together. A-TOM-MIK, Legendary Products, Dreamweaver and Lake Ontario United (LOU). Because of them this will be a better derby for everyone involved. Here are some brief details, as I noted above the complete rules and flyer will be added very soon.

Date: August 22, 2010 (Yes, it's a Sunday, this is due to the availability of the weigh in location)

Start: 5:00 am, End Approximately 1:30 pm

Structure/Prizes: Largest 3 fish combined weight per boat, 2 men minimum per boat, 8 rod limit, 100 % Payout, Largest Salmon, Steelhead and Brown prizes.

Entry Fee: $ 75.00/boat

There's a lot more information in the flyer.

A couple of additional notes not in the flyer.

There is trailer parking available at the weigh in for those of you who will be trailering.

There is no blow day for this derby. Do to limitation in finding a suitable facility to hold this event we had to have this derby on a Sunday. In the event of a blow off we will still have the picnic and will perform a blind draw for all prizes. With the sponsor prize packages, food and beverages we decided we could still have a good time even if we aren't able to fish. The real goal of this derby is to get together, meet some old and new friends and bust on Jerry about his hat.

Please feel free to PM me, ScottB or Legacy with questions.

:star:SIGN UP TODAY :star:

:star:Click to Download Derby Flyer :star:

:star:Click to Download Official Derby Rules :star:

IMPORTANT REMINDER: After you pay for the tournament you need to call or PM Keith, Rob(legacy) or me. We just need: boat name, contact name and cell phone #.

Scottb 585.370.8068

Legacy 585.703.0969

Keith 585.314.6189

This is a list of boats(teams) that I will be adding to as I get payment confirmations.

Paid entries so far:

1. Legacy

2. Nuthin But Net

3. Silver Fox

4. Escape

5. My Mink

6. Triple S

7. Rock and Troll

8. Runnin Rebel

9. Freedom Charters

10. King Salmon

This is a great idea and it should be a blast, particularly the picnic! I hear that you tried hard to keep chicken off the menu, but with little success :lol:

We are going to see how this pans out the next year or two before we decide if it gets expanded. This is our first go around with putting a tourny together and we want to see how well it goes first.

Thank you, Scott

this is a great idea!!! I know this a new thing but i would just like to put my vote in by saying would love to see this get expanded to other ports!!!

Then get in on this thing and "BE" a part of it , so far there's not enough boats to make all the effort seem worth it. Keith , Scott and Rob have put a lot of work into it. I would like to say Thank you for starting something special at our home port. :yes::yes::yes:

Steve

We know you would fish this tourny, but with 4 of us putting it together, our schedules and the 22nd being the only open date at the club for the weigh-in, this is why the date is what it is. We couldn't worry about another tourny that we might

lose 1 or 2 boats to. Someone will be disappointed no matter what date it is.

Good luck

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Natty -

Click on the link in the first post and you should be prompted to save the Word Document with the tournament details. Send me a PM if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Chad

MIKE,

You tell Christie, "DOUBLE scoop or NOTHING" She is in the BIG leagues now ! No more skippy & popsicles. That goes for her sister too. Will see all of you at the weigh in.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL