Rainbows and Brown trout

I have been trying for the salmon in 130 to 300 feet of water down anywhere from 30 to 120 and have had a pretty slow week so I was wondering if there is a method of targeting the Browns and bows that would be more productive? The girl friend is starting to get bored and thats a bad thing..... :( .

Usually this time of year the steelies I catch are out deeper when I'm fishing for salmon, but they are higher in the water colunm, they like a little warmer water than the kings do. I often get them on a higher set rigger, or free sliders (when I run them).

As for the browns.... they are usually in closer where the thermocline meets the bottom. Look for water temp 50-60 degrees and start there. Go with a spoon program on the riggers, and then dipsies with spoons, and if you have it, copper or lead core. As far as spoon patterns, black and silver, green NBKs, dirty white boy. I'm sure the others on here have their go to brown trout spoons.

I hope this helps to get you started. I'm no pro, but I have targeted browns before when I've been in your situation.

Good Luck.

Chris