Hi there!

My name is Jason Martin. I grew up fishing the fingerlakes and last Saturday decided to try out the "Big Lake" after spending the memorial Day weekend trying to scrape up lakers for the trout-derby on Seneca lake. Launched at 6:30 pm out of Sodus Point and started trolling in 135 ft of water, then moved to 250 and trolled south until at 160 ft we hooked a king 40 ft down on a G-fly behind a silver flasher. Immediately he started jumping out of the water, ran 3 times before netting......WHAT A RUSH! Needless to say I'm now addicted!

My Dad just gave me his old boat (a 20 1/2 ft Renken w/ 2 electric Cannons and planer boards). I have a lot to invest in.....(Temp/speed sensor, etc)...but one piece at a time.

Name of the boat: I contemplated.....Divorced, Mistress, but settled on Zebedee....(He was James and John's father in the Bible....they left him in the boat whent they followed Christ).

I appreciate any tips or tricks and look forward to a long adventure of fishing and teaching my two girls how to fish.

Welcome aboard. You came to the right place for knowledge. Some of Lake Ontario Best fishermen post on this board. I got hook on Lake Ontario fishing when i was a kid when i went out on my uncles boat and caught my first KING. Man they are fun.

Pat