Best Place to Fish for Pike Near Rochester, NY

Hello, I was born and raised in Rochester, NY, but have lived in Northern Virginia for the last 20 years. I will be visiting my family for a couple days before heading to Alexandria Bay for camping / fishing trip with some friends. Can anyone give me advice on good places to fish for pike in the Rochester (or surrounding) area, as well as good locations within the St. Lawrence near Wellesley Island? I will be fishing from a kayak, so I tend to avoid large lakes, but willing to hit smaller lakes like Silver Lake, etc.

And secondly, where specifically at these locations I should try, since I am unfamiliar with the fishing area and don't have enough time to learn where the good fishing spots are.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Up in the islands....try Carlton island around the iron man. Walleyes and an occasional muskie. Jig some twisters tipped with minnows. Conesus lake will have some good northern, largie, and an occasional tiger... good luck man....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

7 miles east of A Bay on Rt 12 is Krings point State Park. There is a boat launch there for Goose bay. Good for canoeing and pike fishing and decent LM. Good luck. Cant offer much in Rochester. I have heard of decent pike taken in Iron Bay and Braddocks Bay but I have no personal knowledge.