Hot Lure: Wonderbread Glow Echip w/ Glow Hammer Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 200 - 400

Lure Depth: 80-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started over 120 fow and headed NW. Worked our way out to 340 fow and swung back in to the 200's. By the time we got back to 220 fow (about 8:30am), we were 5 for 6 (2 small kings, 3 small steelhead) and it looked to be a decent day. Then we washed lures until noon when we called it a day over towards Sodus. Marked some real decent bait pods with hooks underneath, but couldn't get them to go. Had 2 wire shots and 4 on the riggers at 87 and 121 ft. Hoping to get out Monday am again... 8)

Hi Tim,

Mike & I had about the same luck, except we had two small browns and two small kings. I think you followed us out of the channel. I tried to call you, but got your wife answered instead. She told me you forgot your phone! I hope I didn't wake her!

Our day pretty much mirrored yours except we couldn't move any of our flasher/flies combos off the wire. All came on spoons. It was hard to find good, consistent temp, too. And we saw those bait pods, also. We circled a couple of times with no takers.

We quit around 11:30.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Yeah, we were the 2nd boat out behind you and powered out just NW of you. I tried to reach you on the radio, but I don't think our unit is working properly - when I try to transmit, the "low voltage" warning comes on our FF. Maybe next time we're both out we can test it out to see if we are transmitting. I'll try to remember my phone next time too! :$ My daughter had my wife up at 6am, so she was already up today.

Were you guys working the shorter waters today? And did you stay west of Port Bay or did you slide east a bit? Also, how deep was the temp? I guessed somewhere between 85 and 115, based on where we saw fish. I wish I knew how the boats were doing west of Sodus out deeper - there quite a few out there today. That's where we saw the best screen with the suspended bait pods. Further east we marked a few fish here and there, but nothing consistant.

The item at the top of my list for next year's gear: PROBE!!! I hate having to guess at depths and speeds! :devil:

Hey Andy - If you get out let us know how you make out! ;)

We started just east of you in 120 fow. With the light early SSE wind, we started a NE troll until we got just east of the channel. We picked up a small brown and a small king. We were now in 190 fow. We found 45 degree water 110 down at 180 fow, but it wasn't consistent. It fluctuated from around 41 to 52 degrees at that depth. The bait pods we saw were just out of temp at 85 to 100 fow. We turned and headed west until we got to the Chimney's with no takers in that direction. Then headed due north in hunt mode for anything big, but only picked up another dink brown and king! We got to 380 fow with no takers, turned and headed back in to shallower water. For us, it turned off at around 9:30.

I tried you on the radio too, but didn't get an answer. Mike was getting the "low voltage" warning on his FF too last year, but remedied that problem by direct wiring the radio, removing it from the buss. I guess the FF is very voltage sensitive, and the radio sucks a lot of voltage in transmit mode.

Jim

Over towards Sodus we marked several thick bait pods (45-100 ft) with hooks on top and underneath between 200 adn 300 fow. But they must have been full or just wanted the real thing over our presentation. This east wind now will likely mess everything up... Hopefully it will just bring temp up a bit - to 45-65 ft would be great! 8)

Dale - Let me know when you're available...