Spoon Color while trolling

Ok here is my question :)

1.When trolling with a program with multi.colored spoons at different depths and one color spoon at a certian depth seem to get more hits than any other rod.should I add anther spoon of the same color at or near that depth of water with another rigger or keep different colored spoons at different depths.It's just something I have been thinking about since my bar trip.One day you could troll any thing and get hits but the 2nd day it seemed that they were only taking one spoon at a certian depth.So from my inexperience I wasn't sure if I did the right thing by keeping different colors out.I would like to know what all you guys think about this ;) Thanks

all ya can do is try ,sometimes if ya switch everything over it works ,sometimes it shuts em down , then their is the golden rule of lures ,,,if ya got a spoon that works and you buy 5 more youll never catch another fish on that color again..

Depends what theory you subscribe to. Some people will switch over to all one color if a spoon gets hit. (and sometimes it works), Others, look as the combination as being part of a dynamic, where the orange spoon combined with the green trigger the reponse from the fish. Personally, if a set up works, I may try to alter it but if I don't get results quickly, I go back to what works.

2 mantras of fishing

Never leave fish to find fish

If its working don't change it.

when running short leads ive seen fish on the screen move from lure to lure before they hit one sometimes the spread act as a atractor to a certain spoon (Dan Keeting,s book) if ya got a program working under the boat leave it alone change up your boards to the "HOT" color or lead core to see if the color is the reason ,, to define HOT i would say ifya run through a school of fish and 1 spoon goes off ,turn around and same spoon does the same then ya got something there ,but this pattern could be short lived ...once the thermo sets up and the fish start grouping togeather many charters loose the longlines so they can turn back and stay on a active group of fish before they shutdown even now it dont hurt to spin around and run back through a hot spot but like i say............

I think most of us have found that one rigger/spoon will be hot that day even if you have the same spoon on another rigger at the same or different depth. Same goes for the wire attractor/fly combos. Run identical set ups on both wires and one is constantly getting ripped and the other NADA!!

Clarke

Erby, the others have described methods well. What I do when I have a mojo rod, one that has been on fire, is to park a similar setup app. 10-15 feet above the hot zone. Then when the mojo fires, lower that rig to the one that just fired. As some mentioned, some times the fish will shut down, if you start to crowd your presentation. As I described in the tackle section regarding a flasher rig esp. when fishing is tough, I won't put anything around a hot rod if it continues to fire. Sometimes less is more:)

Erin when I was out a week and a half ago. I put down yellow because of the experiance with Ray during the derby and the yellow fired right away. Added more yellow to the spread but kept everything else (depth down, number of spoons in the water, speed, fixed cheaters and sliders) the same and everything kept firing that had yellow on it. Purple, black and green spoons in that spread didn't go so changed them to yellows too and they produced. Some times it's a matter of direction and currents as to how the lure moves too. Maybe the "non hot" lure is not in that "strike zone" or wobbling like the other hot color would because you aren't going through at the same angle/speed.

I have changed spoons when a color is producing and have more luck on other riggers after changing.

Ray less of you is more ;)