I managed to get down there on sunday-bless them bass tourney guys they are great people :rofl: :rofl:That`s another story ;) .Anyhow i managed to troll up a fiesty 31"er from down the middle north end.This fish came on a green chrome depth raider out 75`on a down rod.My last 2 fish have come on these at the same depth.The first was on a firetiger(hmmm?)got any firetiger patterns yet zach?They are also the straight version.With some luck i`ll be able to run my smaller shallow divers down there with newly aquired penn reels and leadcore ;) I`d like to run my downriggers but it`s a pain in the buttocks-maybe i`ll give it another try.was using electrics but may switch to manuals if i can get them back from a buddy :lol:

Oh yea...that fish came at warp speed..5.5mph!!!fastest i`ve ever caught one.I was even trolling with red october twisted tubes with pull and pause and drop back tactics of which i will do again.Got pretty good vibration for a tube!

Cya

Bob S

yes, after all these years of boycotting firetiger i finally jumped on the band wagon w/ a couple of those ugly lures- i just have always thought that firetiger was the most common color thrown in just about any body of water so i always stayed away from it thinking everyone else was throwing it and the fish have already seen it. bob 5.5mph ain't WARP speed imo its everyday summer trolling speed, at that speed they don't have to be hungry imo, they just get turned on by the speed of a lure wizzing past them. i am surprised that depthraider went that fast and tracked okay. i hear all the chrome falls off those baits too in only a few times out also so i have stayed away from them. last time out i got one running over 6mph and it hit the outside rod on a turn. the lure was traveling even faster than 6mph most likely closer to 7mph. good to see you finally sped up and i fully believe there is a time to go fast and also slow. low light i go slower than i do at 10 am. when they aren't feeding is when i go fast and when i feel they are gonna hit and feed i go slower. bob, bob, bob- you are making this too difficult. imo there is no need for leadcore, wire, or riggers at waneta. just choose differant baits for those depths. i can only think of 2 times i would want to run a rigger for muskies. 1 would be in the 1000 islands and the other would be to troll bucktails. i can fully hit bottom w/o any help in any spot in waneta w/ the right lure trolling. there you go bob13 thats some info. just remember it takes a special lure that is "super tuned" to go warp speed. i have some that hold true over 7.2mph. can't wait until i get all my new lures in. i am getting a ton of musky rockets/ hey ciscos soon and even am having some 8" jointed slashers being sent to me for free from mike king. i am getting almost every color and style rocket and hey cisco made and even some custom deep divers that look like bigger perchbaits but should be even better (mr. jones who makes the musky rockets is sending me close to $3,000 in free lures) wow! mike king and rodney jones want them run in NY and both want feed back from me about how they work around here and i have to post my results after giving them some time by the end of the year. cool i think. i am getting the hook up from 2 companies now! but don't think i am trying to be some hot shot b/c that is as far from the truth as possible. i just talk to these people and they have offered this to me and i am rolling with it. talk about pressure to produce fish but the rockets haven't failed me yet with them getting at least 2 fish for me every single time out for me this year w/ two differant 5 fish days on them. i fully believe these rockets are by far the best made plugs.

p.s. ever see how lamoka is loaded w/ pickeral and waneta has very, very few? am i the only one that has noticed this? i do have a pickeral colored lure coming just for this idea.

Hey zach...do you have a book deal in the making :rofl: you autta be tired after that one ,you need a nap:lol: No ...the leadcore is for chautauqua and the st.larry and 5.5 is wrap to a slow poke like me.I`ve got plenty of deep divers to hit bottom at waneta but offering up my twitchbaits down there would be nice.

Cya

Bob

Hey zach...do you have a book deal in the making :rofl: you autta be tired after that one ,you need a nap:lol: No ...the leadcore is for chautauqua and the st.larry and 5.5 is wrap to a slow poke like me.I`ve got plenty of deep divers to hit bottom at waneta but offering up my twitchbaits down there would be nice and yes the chrome does peel away especially when half of it was in its mouth.

Cya

Bob

Here is a question for everyone here.... assuming everyone has fished Waneta and Chautauqua, which body of water has the bigger average fish (maybe one doesn't have a bigger average)? So, if you caught 10 fish from each lake, what would be the average size in your opinion.

Musky Lips (my experience)

Waneta-36

Chautauqua-37

waneta has smaller fish no doubt on average. waneta also has fewer fish imo. so if i would guess the average of 10 from each water. waneta somewhere around 34"-35", chaut- 38"-39" but there are always exceptions. only a guess from my experiences on both waters. bty, if anyone (semi-locally) wants to borrow a lure or two this year feel free to contact me and i will let you try any rocket/ hey cisco( coming out w/ a 6" in addition to his 9" ciscoes) you want for the day or a weekend just don't lose 'em. i will also have some of his prototype deepdivers ($80-$90 each, ouch) and a new bait like a super nice tuff shad w/ a round lip. i got so many lures b/c i have to go around to the shops and show them and try to get them to carry his lures. some are to fish w/ and some are for just for show. everywhere from baits shops in pa to the 1000 island baitshop on the larry i have to stop by and try to promote his baits and get them to carry them. i am also most likely (98.497% sure) doing the winter shows (4) in this area for muskymaniacs. after talking about his rockets on muskiefirst, mike king who makes the slashers says he has a so called "better bait" and wants me to compare his new prototypes to the rockets, so thats how i got those free. i guess mike king has a new lure that is alot more like a les chubbie than his thinner slashers. fished waneta last night,just myself and the red lowe boat guy were out there. everything was in shallow for me, 12fow was my deepest hit last night. all trolling and all on the lucky foiled perch muskyrocket that has been so good to me all year (14 now on that one).

2OtDS.jpg

horrible cell pics so i won't put any more that are even more blurry. all fish at sunset and after. fished 7pm until 1am. the bait has moved around alot from where i was finding them earlier. the water temp is dropping finally and i had 75 degrees water temps last night w/ alot more surface activity (splashing) than i have seen lately.

Nice Zach, hopefully I have half as much luck as you did. BTW, the "red lowe guy" is Mike S. He is a nice gentleman who lives on the lake. I think he needs a new tape measure though (jusk like someone else we know). Did anyone see the article about the professional bass angler who got caught stuffing bass with weights?

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/194 ... community/

that article is funny but thats nothing- i have been doing that for years. i even have an elastic measuring tape that starts at 30". ha, ha, ha... and to think i have got you guys on this long. lol. ever see my fake plastic midget hand i put next to the fish in the water pics? makes them look billy fucillo "HUGE".