I wanna fish the derby

alright I grew up fishing lake O but when my dad sold his boat my trolling days were done i got a 14 footer a few years back and have started fishing the finger lakes its fun but it makes me miss lake O I would love to fish the LOC and was hoping someone had an open spot on a boat I can bring any or all of my equipmnent its limited but I have the basics I live in clifton so anywhare from rochester to sodus is a very reasonable drive for me but i'm willing to go a little furthur as well I would be available probably one day each weekend with one or two exceptions. I can chip in for gas as well. If anyone wants to take pity on a desperate fisherman please PM me and i'll give you my cell #. if not thats okay i figure 2 more years and I can buy a bigger boat

You may be surprised what a wire diver off each side of your 14 footer can accomplish, keep an eye on weather. That 70 to 120 fow mark can be very rewarding at times with a few attractor/fly set-ups

Check out " Open Seats / Trade-A-Trip " Rod from Lucky Enuff was looking for a part time LOC partner, would also be a great way to jump in on the learning curve associated with Lady O, as he is experienced.

Tom

currently i have a wire set up a braid set up that I use with a deep six with and a lead core I also have 3 rigger rods and actully can put a board out on the port side of my boat. the motors a 66 johnson 40 horse it runs great but is a hog on gas so my range is limited and I dont like to be off shore in anything but real calm in case something happens with that motor, in the past I've had a gas line rupture i've also had the recoil break which is bad when the electric start doesnt work (never has) both times the troller has been good to get me in or a tow in the case of water in the gas (boat flooded over night had to bail 2ft water in the morning should have checked gas). but in lake O with a little wind I could get in trouble quick. most of my equip is borrowed from dad he doesnt salmon fish anymore so he lets me use it to keep certian others from borrowing and runing it :D so I have that bit of a head start. I will definatly take you up on the offer rdebadats I'm working sat the 21 but am free sun the 22 of august or if your an evening guys i'll be out around noon on the 21 and i will def look at the open seats topic

shade i'm about half way between the genney and sodus along the thurway so braddoks the genney irondiquoit pultneyvill huughs and sodous and any thing between are under an hour for me and I will go further if neccesary