Musky Rockets

Zach,

Since you are the master of Musky Rockets, I need to know.......

6", 7", or 8", straight or jointed, and with or without rattles?

I don't want a complete collection(I don't have the $3,000), I'm just going to buy a couple (at least, for now) and I want to get it right.

Thank you, O' Musky Rocket Master,

i am no master but by far the hottest plug i own is the 7" jointed foiled perch w/o rattles. second is the custom painted sucker that if you ask him he will do for you. between those two baits i have had 22 have hit the net this year for me from semi-local pressured waters out of 9 times out so far this year. i know some of you guys in pa like bigger baits so he is also sending some 10" rockets to try that aren't on his website yet. I have never been a fan of rattles or firetiger patterns but that is just me. it has probally cost me some fish at times but i like non- ratteling lures in semi-clear to clear water. if you have an idea for a paint job feel free to ask him, he will do almost anything for you which is awesome since most companies don't give a darn about your ideas, they just want to mass market lures instead of making each plug one by one for their customers. is jointed is better than straight? depends on the day. i think you could take that foiled perch and sucker pattern to almost any lake that muskies swim and do well. just remember i am no master and this is only what has worked for me. you might find the oppisite is true in your own tryings. start w/ 1 or 2 and see if they are worth your hard earned money. all i know is i have alot of other $25 baits that have never caught a fish. these rockets do for me. i might have been a little excited in that last post but thats 'cause i was, i am sure most people would be if it was for the first time in their life they got the hook up. i wasn't looking for this and i didn't whore myself to get those lures. he said he needed someone in this area to try his lures and give feedback. since then we have worked out a deal. please don't take my excitement for cockiness since thats not me, i give my info to attempt to shorten the learning curve of musky fishing since i never had anyone really help me in the past, i had lots of trial and error and lots of wasted $ on inferior products. this was before everyone got so free w/ info on the internet, today with some research you can go almost anywhere and do fish, years ago it was toughter imo b/c of very limited info. i just am trying to let people know about the very first musky lure i have been happy with after trying tons of them from all over and i felt that way before all this snowballed into what it is. once again, i am "no master", so please don't refer to me as that. you can call me zach. i compare these to a wiley on steroids that will last. rodney who makes these plugs has had some over 10 years that he still runs and they still hold together just fine. "ray j" aren't you the one who posts on larry's website also? i think so, if you want i will be more than happy to talk to you in person at the next tournament if you want.

Zach,

Please don't take offense to me calling you the 'Master', but you are the only one I know of that has used the Musky Rockets, qualifying you as the most knowledgeable fisherman I know of.

My problem is I have about 20 baits that have one musky to their credit, and no baits with more than two. Always looking for that majic bait. I fished with Larry on Chautauqua at the end of June. He had 4 baits out and on one the lip came loose (after landing a fish) so he swapped it out for a new one. Bottom line 6 fish caught on 5 different Hi-Finn Trophy Divers.

I appreciate the info on the Rockets. Looks like I'm going to order a couple of Jointed 7" lures w/o rattles. I've always been partial to a Black Sucker pattern and a Jail Bird pattern, so I think I'll have him paint them special.

Thanks for all the info, and Keep up the posts!

Ray J

I got my baits a few weeks ago and am already thinking about getting a few more. I have been extremely busy lately (also had boat issues), so I have not run them yet...planning on gettin them wet this weekend. Don't hesitate to grab a few of these. They are very well made and are absolutely beautiful to look at. I also have the foiled perch pattern along with $9 bass. Both are 6" jointed w/o rattles.