VHF Channels by port??

Is there a list of VHf channels that are typically used by the LOU'rs at the various port on LO south shore

Ive got all the chores done and its time to start getting some more fishing in. Since I amon a trailer and located in Rochester I thot I might try visiting some of the other locals ( Oswego, Oak,Sandy,etc)

Thanks

Ted

I think most of the boats out of Mexico Bay monitor 78.

There was a time, probably a year or so ago, that we, the LOU community, wanted to get a lake-wide LOU channel we could all use to talk to each other no matter what port we were from. At the time, I think we chose 14, but it was soon found out that 14 was a special USCG channel or something like that and we couldn't use it. I think it'd still be a nice idea if we could find a channel we could all use as a group.

What the rec louers should do is (if it is legal) have a common call signal for ch16 to which any lou'er in the area would respond and then you could switch to a different channel to talk. So it would go something like this:

LOU GUY, LOU GUY this is the FISHINMAN on 16

FISHINMAN, LOU GUY ON 16 Swich and answer 68, 69, 71,72 ect

FISHINMAN on 68

FISHINMAN this is the DINGHY LAMMA hows the fishin', can you tow me in, do you have any extra beer ect.

Then you guys can converse the rest of the day as needed--on a working channel, much like calling for a radio check.

The benefit of this is that for saftey reasons all boats should be monitoring 16 and when out on the water how does anyone know if there is another LOU boat out there or not and if so what their name is. The generic call signal on the official call channel is the way to go.