Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
amberjack255

What pound mono line?

I run 17# until the fleas show, 30# at that point, back to 17# once they are gone.

Spiny Water fleas that attach to your line when trolling, they make reeling in line impossible cloggin up reels and guides. Thinner diameter the worse they collect 30 pound mono they have a hard time attaching themselves (when they are bad nothing stops them completely) to it or Cortland Flea Flicker.

ptZ7J.jpg

If you want to save on money instead of changing line twice a year try running 30lb all year and just put on a smaller leader like 20lb or less for the different times of the year.

I run flea flicker all year and change my leader for my fishing. From walleye to kings to steelies to browns. Leader from 10 pound floro for walleye in Erie to 20 for kings.

ya i just run 30# all year then just change leaders as the season and fishing changes. the only exception is early in the spring for browns. at that point the lighter the better in my opinion and i use 6lbs on ultra light spinning rods. it makes the fight a lot more fun also.

17 lb in the middle of july is way too thin for fishing lake ontario. I ran 20 this summer and had to check everything every 20 min when fleas are bad. Not too much fun. I switched to 30 and no more problems.