I had my friend Morris, his brother and brother's future son in law that were in town from California out with me today.

After seing the reports we ran out to the 24 line and started trolling north and worked the 24-29 lines straight our of harbor. Turned out to be an expensive morning as my depth raider probe and 15 lb chrome shark are now sitting at the bottom of the lake.

It's been a long time since I've fished blind (w/out down speed and temp) but we still managed to catch a few. Over a dozen bites, mostly shaker kings and small steelhead, but we did manage to land 13 and 10 lb steelies and had a huge screaming rip from a mature on the deep wire diver that came unglued before we could get the rod out of the holder.

13 lb steelie came on the lazer spooked NK blue thunder on the 50' rigger ann the 10 lb steel came on the nuc green SD/blue glow hammer Atommik on the 75' rigger.

the usual suspects took fish: SS NBK took 4 whacks on the 200 copper, green double crush opti inticer w/ green crinkle Atommik took a couple on the 240 wire, NBK SD/Mirage Atommik took the mature hit later on in the morning on the 240 wire, Mnt Dew SD w/ green crinkle howie took a couple hits on a rigger down 100.

Would have liked to have gotten less dinks and more targets, but at least we caught fish and both got the biggest fish of their lives with the 2 nice steelies.

Tim

You heading out tommorow? I did a short solo trip tonight, and was pleased to see bait in the 115-110' band I was fishing. Place is still filthy with small kings, but at least they were 5-6 lbers. Lost the one major about 5 minutes into the battle.....just came unbottoned ;( . Fish came on the mag sized shoe horn spoon, and a green blade double crush-glow SD with A-tom-mik white halo fly/ big weenie blue glow beads. Rigger set at 100' cheated, Double deep six back 325' on wire.

Feel your pain Tim, I didn't take the time to hook up my auto stops on my new riggers and paid dearly for it 3 weeks ago losing a 14# Yeck ball and X4 probe in 250 FOW out in front. I did kinda chuckle as I watched the thing send data back for about 10 seconds or so. What an expensive weekend.

If you don't mind my asking, what failed, the termination or was there a knick/ kink in the cable? Trying not to have a repeat, so any suggestions (other than install your stops dumbazz) is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Must have been a kink in the cable, I attached the probe/weight to the termination, let it down and one wave bounce with them still just slightly out of the water and they were gone, wire broke above everything. Just one of those stuff happens deals.

It was a strange day for losing stuff. I also had the power pro backing break on a fish hit and lost a 10 color core and church board yesterday.

Tim