Which Finger Lake would you recommend?

Hi,

I'm heading up to fish out of Sodus this Tues.- Sun. We'll be fishing Lake O. but always like to head over to the Finger Lakes for a couple of trips. Will be targeting trout and salmon and would like to know which of the lakes you'd recommend for this time of year. Would rather catch size over quantity. I've fished Owasco and Cayuga in the past and done okay but have never tried Seneca,Keuka or Canandaiuga. Just was wondering what you guys would recommend for this time of year. Can I fish light line or are the fleas still bad? Lastly, I don't know the area very well and if you could recommend the best ramps, depths etc.. it would be greatly appreciated. Your area is a fisherman's paradise and I look forward to my annual trip with great anticipation.

Take Care,

Chris

I would go for Keuka Lake.

The reasons are simple.Keuka has no Lampreys and I have yet to see a weed mat.

There is a very good launch in Penn Yan and the Bait store (The Beverage Baron)has plenty of mooneyes,but do ask him how to keep them alive.

You can start fishing about where the College is,From there on south is all plenty deep.

Canandaigua if you want to catch a lot of Bows and nice Lakers. Cayuga if you want big Lakers and some Salmon, you got to put the miles on the boat and find the deep water where the weeds are not all stacked up. I fish Cayuga every week but if driving was not an issue I would go to Canandaigua. Sean

I agree with HOOKEDUP............Canandaigua. Keuka is ok, but all your gonna get there are lakers( not necessarily a bad thing), Seneca and Cayuga get rough easy, so if you don't like waves or are in a smaller boat, pick a smaller finger lake.

Just my 2 cents.