Hot Lure: Michael Jackson, NBK, Die Hard

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 70-230 fow

Lure Depth: 70-120 down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My son Chris and I went out of Port Bay with Mike McCoy aboard his boat (Irish Wake). We set up in 70 fow hoping for a few browns, but the down temp at 60 feet was the same as the surface temp (not good)!

So we headed north in search mode with two down riggers running sliders with spoons, and two wires with spinnies and flies. We could have left the wires below decks for all the good they did. We did have a hit and a miss on one white/green dot w/ green glo fly, but that was it.

The morning started slow until about 9:45 a.m. with two releases and two misses. Then I brought in a small king on a NBK. Next my son Chris landed a nice 15 lb. king (nice fight! Heading for the smoker!) on a Die Hard.

w5Z10.jpg

Then Mike brought in a 4 lb. steelie on a Michael Jackson (sorry no picture).

We ended the day with a double header with me bringing in a 5 lb. brown and Mike, a small king.

All in all, it was a great morning with good friends (can't ask for more!!- Well maybe a few more fish!)

Jim

Hey Jim,

Nice fish! I would also have to say that is a coho based on the coloring and slight hook on the upper jaw. We're heading out tomorrow am and will be working the deeper waters (I'm thinking we'll start over 180 fow and work between 200 and 400 fow). Give me a shout if you guys get out! 8)

Tim,

If you're going out of Port Bay (to the west), I'd suggest starting at 140 and working out. We marked a few good bait pods with big marks around them. Temps inconsistent but around mid 40's to high 50' 90 down. (That was this morning though).

Tight lines,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Nice fish! I would also have to say that is a coho based on the coloring and slight hook on the upper jaw. We're heading out tomorrow am and will be working the deeper waters (I'm thinking we'll start over 180 fow and work between 200 and 400 fow). Give me a shout if you guys get out! 8)

Tim, keep us in the loop on that 200-400 search. Hope to get out Tues... -Andy