frogs

bob 13

Bob. You need to be patient on the strikes. Only set the hook if you can feel them on the line. When I used to bass fish with t-water baits, I would close My eyes when retrieving the bait. I had the knack for pulling the bait out of their mouths if I saw the boil. Frog fishing is Awesome....good luck....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

My experience says to let the fish take the frog below for a moment and then set it. Do not set it as soon as it strikes (a natural reaction) or you'll get hit in the head with your own frog or it lands in a tree behind you (been there). Keep your eyes open- nothing like watching crash, bang, wallop!

• 1 month later...

Yep the guys hit it on the nose... let the fish take the frog, give it a second and give it a good hook set ,it the bass boils on the frog or jumps and misses it, give it a twitch moving it a few inches... then stop for a second or two then twitch it again,if it doesn't it , hit bring it in cast past the spot where the fish hit it and try it again.

phil

• 2 months later...

Hey man was i was younger i used to fish bass with frogs alot, and still do occasionally. The bigger the frog your using the more time you have to wait to set the hook. What i would do as soon as a fish would explode on my frog i would quickly open my reel bail and let the fish run with it, when the line would stop i would set the hook. Its also important that you use a big enough hook, i would say between size 4 to 8 circle hook. Good Luck!