Bass fishing Sodus Bay

DavidWP

My family and I are coming up to Sodus next week on vacation, and I was looking for some hints on fishing the bay for bass or walleye. My 8yr old son would be thrilled to catch catch just about anything while we're there, and I think salmon fishing will be out of the question w/ our 14.5' boat. I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Dave

I can't help you with the walleye but, if you're going for bass try first thing in the morning to avoid the jet skis and boat traffic. There's been a lot of guys jigging out in front of Arney's on the west side in 10-12 feet of water. Also try in shallower in the cove just south of there. Another place to try is around the islands on the east side of the bay. I prefer to fish the east sides to avoid the boats.

If bass aren't cooperating, try for pike anywhere there's weeds in 8 or more feet. Especially if you can locate any weed edges. I like to fish the shoreline area on the west side, opposite Oak Park Marina. Hope this helps.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. We were up there last week. Stayed on Eagle Island. We did OK on Largemouth. Not great but OK. Some jigging deeper water at the southeast corner of the island, most fishing over the weedbeds in the northeast corner of the bay with crankbaits. Most were 15-18" but fat. Good fighters for largemouth. Things seemed to drop off after the weed cutting boats did their jobs, at least for a few days.