The brown fishing in Fair Haven is still going strong. They are a little deeper now. We fished from 30 to 70 with our best luck coming 45-60fow. Alewife imitation spoons down 30 to 45 took most of our fish. We caught a few off of the planers on Smithwicks with some large splitshots to help get them down a little more. We landed 14 browns and two steelies today.

All of the browns were nice and chunky. They seem to be getting bigger by the day. Our biggest was a hair over 10 lbs on the digital but it wouldn't last on the board and we really hated to leave to weigh it in. She was part of a triple. After a quick pic we let her go.

PIC00030.jpg[/img]

We also caught out first king of the year out of Fair Haven. Not exactly the LOC winner though.

PIC00020.jpg

Surface temps were around 58 degrees. Our best speed was 2.2 or 2.3 at the ball. A lot of the browns were puking up alewifes.

A few more pics from the day:

PIC00003.jpg

PIC00027-1.jpg

Brown with a friend

PIC00025.jpg

Ryan with a Steelie

PIC00023-1.jpg

Great day on the water Al. Congrats! I'm in Atlanta tonight and then in Tallahassee for the rest of the week....so no Fair Haven for me this weekend..... ;(;(;(;(

I hope to get back out next weekend and maybe for a day or two the following week. Keep the great reports coming!

Bill