Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 10-13 daily average

Total Boated: 8-9 daily average- kept an average of 5 per day- skips!

Species Breakdown: All Kings but 1 Atlantic, 1 brownie, 1 steelie

Hot Lure: DW SS 42nd, Seasick Waddler, cut bait

Trolling Speed: 2.3-3.1

Down Speed: 2.0-2.5

Boat Depth: mainly 90-150 fow

Lure Depth: Riggers 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90. Divers 180-260 2 settings. 400 copper.

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished the first week of August. Things were tough with the upwell. But we managed to do decent. Lots of skips- only 2 matures 28 and 27 the rest were 3-11lbs. The Atlantic was 6.5lbs and the brownie was 4lbs.

5:30am on day 1 we ripped into the 28lber- that was as quick of a start as we could have asked for, but most of the rest were smaller kings. Most of them we tossed back except the ones that were bleeding or didnt look like they had a chance to make it.

Almost all of our action came off downriggers. We had trouble getting our divers and copper going, and when we did get into a nice hit or a screamer we lost them. Only 3 fish landed all week off divers and copper with 13 hook ups. We only lost 2 fish out of a lot on the downriggers. I'm not sure if we were doing something wrong or it was just coincidence. Note* we do not use snubbers.

All in all it was a pretty good trip- tough to get them going because the bigger fish were off shore and the 3-4 footers take their toll on our aluminum boat, so we fished mainly the 24-25 lines 14-8 lines.

I appreciate Captain Mick's and Maniac's help as well as some other great guys I came into contact with during my trip & everyone on LOU that has offered unselfish advice to me to help learn where and how to catch fish!!! :yes::beer: I would like to make it up this Fall again, but it does not look promising. Next year I would like to take 2 or 3 weekends instead of 1 straight week.

I never saw one of them waterspouts! Maniac told me about them later on in the day. Guess those Skippys had me too busy to look up. Although afterwards I asked my customers if they saw anything, and they replied with "well, I saw something, but I didn't know what it was." I was like why the heck didnt you tell me!

Glad you guys had a decent trip to the Oak. Fishing was a little tough last week, and the inside was unsettled with the almost upwell. You guys were die hards and made it out before the charters just about every morning. I saw that waterspout trying to form a few times Sat morn, and was glad it didn't touch down :lol: . Glad I could help out a little, and it was nice to meet you.