What type on line

I was lucky enough to have my father give me his boat and all the fishing gear to go with it. I now have 6 Diawa rods and reels. Reels are SeaLine 47H. I want to respool the reels and was wondering what everyone would suggest. My dad used to run 16lb for spring and fall. I will be fishing mostly in spring and fall for salmon/trout. So please let me know what you recommend for line. Type and lbs. Thanks a lot. Can wait to get back into salmon fishing with my dad and son.

30lb Berkley Big Game w/ 12' of 20lb seagaur fluorocarbon leader for summer and fall kings and 20lb Big Game and 12lb fluoro for browns in the spring.

Shawn

Andie and Big Game are both fairly popular. with many guys using between 17 and 30 lb. I've learned the hard way that a Sealine 47LC doesn't hold much 30 lb Big Game and I've gone to 25 lb. In fact, I spooled up this year with 300 yards of 30 lb Power Pro terminated with 90 feet of 25 lb Big Game. This gives me some stealth, some elasticity and lots of line for big king runs.

You can use your same main line for trout by adding a lighter leader say, 8 feet of 12 lb flocarbon. No real need to respool your main line.