Canandaigua report 8/7/10

I had my wife, mom, dad, and two nieces aboard for some south end action and we set up just past the drop off in the middle of the lake working north. 3 riggers with spoons, 3 wires with flasher fly combos, and 300' copper down the chute. Attempted 2 wire dipsies on the same side, did not get wire tangles but dropped a couple rigger bites on the same side because the slider was catching the wire. Early bite on wire dipsy with white pro troll echip and no seeum fly. Copper rod fired many times, green revelator and hammer fly. That set up took a nice bow, no one wanted to reel in the copper at first, but since it took the most shots my wife Bonnie took a turn and reeled in a 5 lb laker off the copper rod. After the green revelator was getting hits, I switched up the riggers to green spin drs and green flashers but the spin drs worked the best as did the revelator in green. I tried to keep one rigger set up with my brown trout program but only managed on little guy on those spoons. We ended up with 5 lake trout, 4 of them them 4-6 lbs and one bow around 4 lbs. We did drop at least 4 other fish, speed at the ball 2.1-2.5. Temp at 55' down varied but at 70' temp was 48. We left the dock at 6:45 and had first bite at 7:15, fish kept coming until 11:30 when we decided to go swimming. Middle of the lake was best 195-250, Seneca Point to Black Point. Hopefully mom can email the pics because I forgot my camera.

scan0005.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg