28ft trophy bayliner

lakebound88

When i was in Sodus Bay this weekend, i saw a trophy for sale at Krenzer Marine. I noticed this was one they had listed for a long time. Has anyone looked at this boat? I think it would be an awesome fishing boatwith some TLC and a GOOOOOD Cleaning. The price is cheap. Hull and stuff was solid and the fighting deck is huge with a nice size cabin too....two luxurys in one, like my sea ray.. Any pros and cons to this boat?

Well, i used to own a 21 ft trophy hardtop...i like tropyh boats, always have, i just liked the searay for comfort now i am missing the big deck, so i would like to upgrade to a boat with both features. comfortable cabin and fishing...

its kinda funny all the crap that is said about the bayliner trophy. i never had one problem with my 1988 21 trophy hardtop that is "supposed to happen" to them. ive heard it all, they break in half and sink, the transom will blister, parts are cheaper and break easier, foam on the stringers etc etc. my old war pig was a charter boat with tons of hours and hard rough use. some cleaning and plenty of pm and it is mint minus the salmon slime and alewife scales all over the fighting deck. there is no foam in my stringers no blisters and who cares if the bilge gromet is plastic and not chrome. i dont, i dont have alot of money and the plastic one works the same a the chrome one....i guess i have had one complaint with it, the cabin is noisy whene the water is rough. whoopty doo.

Probably the same as what happens with cars... The people that got ones and had problems had nothing but problems. Then the other people that never had a problem or very little. Guess who does the most talking.

My other view on boats like this, if it was one of the junky ones it would have been cut up long ago.

its kinda funny all the crap that is said about the bayliner trophy. i never had one problem with my 1988 21 trophy hardtop that is "supposed to happen" to them. ive heard it all, they break in half and sink, the transom will blister, parts are cheaper and break easier, foam on the stringers etc etc. my old war pig was a charter boat with tons of hours and hard rough use. some cleaning and plenty of pm and it is mint minus the salmon slime and alewife scales all over the fighting deck. there is no foam in my stringers no blisters and who cares if the bilge gromet is plastic and not chrome. i dont, i dont have alot of money and the plastic one works the same a the chrome one....i guess i have had one complaint with it, the cabin is noisy whene the water is rough. whoopty doo.

On the Iboats website there is a forum about restoring boats.This is usually with lots of pictures,which are taken throughout the process.Every time they tear down a Bayliner there is very clear evidence of extremely sloppy work.where closed cell foam sheets are supposed to be there usually are just a few globs of the stuff and these are often moldy and full of water.Often the stringers or what is left of them are just empty fiberglass skeletons and all the wood inside has rotted away,because of lousy workmanship.

The late eighties Bayliners with those nasty Force outboards are called Bilge Liners for a very good reason!

Just to add my two cents....as of 2002, Trophy boats were & are made by US Marine, not Bayliner any longer. And I agree w/ kingslamon22's comments completely. We've never had any problems w/ our Trophy either. Best damn boat we've ever owned!!! And I'm sure blueghost would second that..