Terminator Musky Lures

I`ve bid several times on them but just have`nt made the sale-tempting-i liked the last firetiger.The only lure i`ve bought that high has been the 10"amma bamma and have 2 of them.I`ll buy a couple plows and that`ll be it-passing on the terminator.

Can`t help ya

sol

terminators came out about the same time as the wiley's in the 1980's and were hot on st clair. imo rocketman copied the wileys but shhhhh. the terminators are made from silver birch and it is heavier than cedar. about 1 in 5 have that wandering action that comes standard on wileys, lokes, slashers etc. very nice paint jobs and tough lures but alot of people say his wood is on the heavy side. since they aren't made anymore they go for big $ as a collectors item like lokes. the terminators have more of a snakey motion instead of a hard thump imo. i personally wouldn't use it, but then again i have been using mahogany 8" tuff shads this year which i should have saved, but oh well. they are nice lures but they have some quarks like any other lure. i most likely am the only person around other than maybe larry that has any experience w/ them. now if you were getting some bk lure les chubbies (not made anymore, very nasty plug) i would fish it everyday. anyone got a chubbie for sale anywhere? nope, everyone is fishing those until they self destruct. chubbies were the nastiest baits. did i help at all? now if we compare that to a baker "lil sweetie". lmao. 8) bob- i second you on the plows.

what did i fly by you? i will be happy to explain. the terminators were mostly trolled behind in-line weights out west of here. flat lined they will be silimar to a wiley. maybe around 6 feet down w/ 60 feet of line at 5mph? they should handle speeds well and are good trollers. one those terminators he left the belly screw eyes long and keep them that way if you are interested in keeping them for collectables. this keeps hook rash to a minimum. compared to a 90% of other musky lures, terminators are way better. is that clear enough? don't be afraid to put a chunk of lead in front of those skinny trolling lures also. alot of times i put a 4oz weight off the swivel on my long trolling leader. the fish don't mind and you can run shorter lines and follow weedlines and breaks way better. have always thought about painting those in-line weights but have yet to do it. last weekend at chaut the only 2 hits i had were on 4oz and 40 back on 7" jointed slashers.

i am thinking pressure and the fish are starting to get back into the weeds with the temp drop. every year this happens to me, real hot june/ july and then maybe one or two rips a trip after that for august.